NAS540 email settings log report

Options

Dear community,

after a factory reset of the NAS540 i can't install anymore the email log file report.

The firmware version is
V5.21(AATB.12)
I am using smtp authentification on pop3.vodafonemail.de.

Every time i enter the data i click on "After applying settings, Send a test email" i receive an error message "Send test email result: Error.."

Before doing the factory reset the log file mail worked properly. Well, after a restart of the NAS i had to set up email again and i needed to enter the password for the email account a second time, because the system didn't accapt it the first time. But now there it doesn't work anyhow. Is there any setting beyond the Maintenance/Log that i forgot?

All Replies

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 73  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

The email settings for Google used to work, but nowadays, an increasing number of SMTP servers are altering their verification behavior when selecting them as your SMTP server.
    The old tool is not available.

• Mint
    Mint Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Until the factory reset last week the NAS540 could send the mail to my Vodafone account without any problems. After the reset it doesn't work anymore. That's why I assume there is somewhere a setting to be done. But I have no idea what it could be..

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 73  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

It may need to check if the Vodafone server could receive the packet/message from the NAS.
    Verify if your email server is operational may required to check its settings and status.
    It's easy to know if NAS send the request to the email server, however, is hard to check why the email does not function correctly.

Consumer Product Help Center