Very slow

Options

While the download speed is fine, the upload from the far end of the house is very slow.

I have a long thin house (with thick walls). With three Multy M1s (AX1800) the WiFi speed from the "base station" (wired to the house router) to the second M1 is fine (182 MBps down, 153 MBps up) but the return to the base station from the third M1 is very poor; still 182MBps down but only 4MBps up (although it reports return to the internet as 7MBps, how does that happen?)! The placement dialog says the third station is perfectly placed, it's almost line of sight from the second station.

This appears to have happened since switching to bridge mode, although I don't understand how that could have an effect like this and I'm sure other things could have changed, but previously upload rate from that third station was almost the same as from the second.

How can I go about remedying this?

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,087  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @MarkRS

Please upgrade to the latest firmware by using the Multy APP or local web gui to initiate the upgrade firmware process, after upgrading the firmware, if the issue unfortunately persists, please contact local representative for further assistance.

• MarkRS
    Options

I assume I've got the latest firmware because the "upgrade to the lastest available firmware" button in the web interface for the main unit is disabled. I have firmware version V1.00(ABZF.6)C0 . Is this the only way to do it? I've looked in the download library and there are documents there but no firmware.

What is a "local representative"? How would I find one? I bought the units from the British Telecom (EE) store, so I don't suppose they are who you mean.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,087  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @MarkRS

I have private message you, please check your message box.

• MarkRS
    Options

After extensive, and very helpful, discussion with support via the support portal, this has now been resolved.

A simple factory reset did the trick, somewhat to my surprise.

Consumer Product Help Center