NR5101 Router dropping WiFi network

Options
Pjlee
Pjlee Posts: 1
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hi there, I’ve had the NR5101 WiFi 6 5G NR model for just under a year and the product is great. I use it statically in a house due to poor modem speeds to the property.

However recently over the last ~3 months I’ve started to experience the WiFi network completely dropping out at random times of day for both 5 and 2.4 network bands. When this happens the only way to get the networks back up is to manually turn off/on the device. The issue I have is when I’m away from the device and the networks drop so do my security cameras and other smart devices.

I also have a friend with the same device and model who uses it on a canal boat and experiences similar outages of network. So it doesn’t seem to be specific to my particular hardware.

• Is this a known issue?
  • Are there any firmware updates I could be missing?
  • Are they are any changes, configurations or otherwise, you would suggest to reduce this occurring?

I’m using an EE unlimited 5G sim and having spoke to EE they confirm it’s not a ISP/data issue on the sim package.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Ps. I don’t want to really want to end up resetting the device via a manual timer plug at 12 hour intervals but that might be the next step 😩

All Replies

Consumer Product Help Center