Firmware Update Request for Second-hand Zyxel NR5103E Router

Options
HamadAlShegifi
HamadAlShegifi Posts: 2
Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Dear Zyxel Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently acquired a Zyxel NR5103E router second-hand and have encountered challenges in obtaining firmware updates for this device.

As I understand, firmware updates are crucial for security enhancements and performance improvements in networking devices. However, due to not having an active contract with the ISP associated with this router, I am unable to directly contact them for updates.

Could you please provide guidance or assistance regarding how I can obtain the latest firmware update for the Zyxel NR5103E router? Ensuring that the device is up-to-date with the latest software version is crucial to me for optimal performance and security.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and any support you can offer to facilitate the firmware update process for this second-hand Zyxel router.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance. I eagerly await your guidance on how to proceed in obtaining the necessary firmware update.

regards,

All Replies

• Hadazm
    Options

I am in the same shoe here , cant get ISP update or support due to contract thing.

please we need your help in this issue coz other manufactures seems to do with their customers

thanks in advance

• NO_WAY
    Options

Hello,

Got same situation here with2nd hand nr5103e branded three with firmware b12 and cannot manually or automatically update it to b14 .

Can you help us with that?

With greetings

• Aljareh56fm
    Options

Hello,

Got same situation here with2nd hand nr5103e branded three with firmware b12 and cannot manually or automatically update it to b14 .

Can you help us with that?

With greetings

• Internetheavyuser
    Internetheavyuser Posts: 75  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

I have asked the Zyxel Support Team that NR5103E can only ask the original ISP to update the FW.

They are not able to provide the any FW update assistance.

Or we need to ask the seller who sell the FW to us for the update.

• Hadazm
    Options

I am surprised by the company's lack of interaction with users. Is it possible that the update reaches some and others not? What is the fault of the users? Unfortunately, I feel frustrated. I have not found a company that limits the update to the SIM card only. Why is the update not sent to everyone? I bought many routers from companies like Netgear, Huawei, and ZTE. I find this frustrating, except for Zyxel. How do you want consumers to accept your devices and these policies you have?

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Options

Hi Sir,

NR5103E is customized version for service provider, the fw upgrade/change need contact to their support center (original ISP). It means we cannot provide any fw in this case, apologies for any inconvenience.

• Hadazm
    Options

This response is completely unprofessional, and I hope you read about the problem before responding..! We only asked that the update reach everyone and not be limited to three SIM cards. I have never found such a policy in my life Is it difficult to provide the b14 update to everyone?

• HamadAlShegifi
    Options

we know that in first place , but since the update is available allready but not to all NR5103E routers !!
    the update is from ISP , but in our case we cant update our second hand routers due to isp refuse to listen to us

all we need is a way to upload the offiecial update b14 to our routers nothoing more

hope you reconsider this requset

• Aljareh56fm
    Options

This response is completely unprofessional, and I hope you read about the problem before responding..! We only asked that the update reach everyone and not be limited to three SIM cards. I have never found such a policy in my life Is it difficult to provide the b14 update to everyone?

• mohdjbly_6322
    Options

Dear Zyxel Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently acquired a Zyxel NR5103E router second-hand and have encountered challenges in obtaining firmware updates for this device.

As I understand, firmware updates are crucial for security enhancements and performance improvements in networking devices. However, due to not having an active contract with the ISP associated with this router, I am unable to directly contact them for updates.

Could you please provide guidance or assistance regarding how I can obtain the latest firmware update for the Zyxel NR5103E router? Ensuring that the device is up-to-date with the latest software version is crucial to me for optimal performance and security.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and any support you can offer to facilitate the firmware update process for this second-hand Zyxel router.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance. I eagerly await your guidance on how to proceed in obtaining the necessary firmware update.

regards,

Consumer Product Help Center