Zyxel FWA710, Germany

Options
Hans_Schnier
Hans_Schnier Posts: 2
First Comment
edited December 2023 in Nebula

Hi, has anyone ever managed to get a FWA710 running in Germany on the Deutsche Telekom 5G Network? I am able to establish a 5G connection but cannot get a ping response.

When I try to get support, the support request is denied with the comment that I should contact my ISP. However, I bought the device directly from Zyxel via Amazon in Germany.

Is there a chance that my device is somehow locked onto another network?

I already upgraded to the latest Firmware.

I do like the specs of this device and it seems fairly future proof for me as private customer... I just need to get it running.

Happy to post more information, if it helps.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello,

To ensure your FWA710 device can establish a 5G connection, consider the following steps:

1. 5G signal availability: Check local (Telekom) 5G signal via nperf website. Select the appropriate Country, City/ province, District and Carrier (Operator). Alternatively, you can contact your ISP (Telekom) to confirm 5G signal availability in your region. Please let us know the city/district where your Nebula FWA710 is located.
    2. Firmware Update: Make sure your device is updated with the latest firmware. As of this writing, the most recent version for the Nebula FWA710 is 1.17(ACGC.0)C0.
    3. Network Settings: Examine your “Cellular band“ settings. Ensure that the "Referred Access Technology" includes the “5G” option and that “Band Auto Selection” is enabled. This setting allows the router to search for the best available band automatically. You can find this under: Network Settings > Broadband > Cellular Band.

If you have followed all the above recommendations and still experience issues with your 5G connection on the Nebula FWA710, we suggest arranging a remote session. This will enable us to directly access your device and gather logs to identify the specific cause of the problem, so please let us if there is any update.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Hans_Schnier
    Options

Hi Judy,

Thanks for your response, please see my comments regarding your steps below:

1. I have another 5g Router on site that is connecting just fine to the same network with an RSRP of -59dBm, RSRQ of -11dBm and a SINR of 30dB.
    2. The firmware I have installed is: 1.17(ACGC.0)C0
    3. The router is showing me that I am connected to the 5g and 4g cell, however, I have no access to the internet.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Hans_Schnier ,

Thank for your feedback. We appreciate your input. Let 's try to address your issue by following these steps:

• Reset the Nebula FWA710, refer this FAQ
    • Manually enter the APN information at Network setting > Broadband > Cellular APN.

If you have previously configured another 5G router, you can use the same APN settings for the Nebula FWA710.

If your FWA710 is still unable to connect to the Internet via 4G or 5G, please enable Zyxel support by navigating to 'Help' (identified by a question mark icon at the top right corner of Nebula portal) > 'Support Request' > 'Zyxel Support Access', then click 'Enable' and 'Save'.

Additionally, please provide us with the name of your Nebula organization/site here or via the private message by clinking to my account > Message.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

Nebula Tips & Tricks