NSA325-v2 becomes unresponsive after a while

Options
azimuth
azimuth Posts: 8  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment

I have a NSA325-v2 which I'm in general happy with. But recently I have noticed that after a while (like a week or so, haven't measured), I can't access it neither via web UI (I get "connection refused" error message), nor via SMB (tried both on macOS and Windows), nor can I access videos and photos on NAS via my TV. This model has no support anymore so I can't update firmware to see if that solves the issue. I haven't seen any setting that might affect it either (unless Wake on LAN can be buggy?). Has anyone experienced this issue and knows of any solution?

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,620  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

This is reproducible I suppose? I have seen similar behaviour on my 325. Further investigation showed that somehow the IP stack was damaged, it was no longer possible to create new connections. (Existing connections survived, I found this using an ssh connection which I left open for more than a week).

Unfortunately I couldn't find what triggered this behaviour. As nothing changed on the NAS, it must be something in the network. My theory is that there is a memory leak or something like that in the IP stack, which is triggered by some recieved IP packet. When accumulated above some level, bang. My remedy was to create a cronjob to reboot the box at night, as the problem never occurred within 24 hours.

Did you change anything in your network prior to the problem started?

• azimuth
    azimuth Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

I don't remember if I had changed anything in the network tbh. But I will probably do the same with periodic reboots.

Consumer Product Help Center