NAS542 - Teardown video/instructions?

Options
JockeSve
JockeSve Posts: 80  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Does anyone have instruction (or video) of how to open NAS542 entirely?

(Didn't find anything on Youtube or via Google search… 😐️)

I just realized how much dust it has collected inside the chassis and thought that a proper cleaning might keep the temp down a bit at least…

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

In the past have opened both a 326 and a 540. In both cases it's basically removing every visible screw, and splitting the housing on two seams. As far as I remember the seams on the 540 were harder than the seams on the 326. The latter could be opened with some careful prying. On the 540 I needed a table knife to pry open the clips on the inside, while the steel frame was still inside.

All Replies

• suisei
    suisei Posts: 73  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

I've found some helpful videos that might assist you. However, I couldn't find a disassembly guide specifically for the Zyxel 540.

• JockeSve
    Options

Thanks @suisei!

Yes, I saw these, however I'd like to see if there are any model specific differences to be aware about when disassembling the unit.

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

In the past have opened both a 326 and a 540. In both cases it's basically removing every visible screw, and splitting the housing on two seams. As far as I remember the seams on the 540 were harder than the seams on the 326. The latter could be opened with some careful prying. On the 540 I needed a table knife to pry open the clips on the inside, while the steel frame was still inside.

• JockeSve
    Options

OK, thanks for answers!
    I'm going to give it a try as the box looks like it needs a thorough cleaning… ;-)

Consumer Product Help Center