Multy system slowdown & "attacks"?

Options

I'm now getting frequent system slowdowns with a 3 node Multy system connected in bridge mode to my router (Zyxel VMG3925-B10B).

When this happens the router shows in excess of 2600 connections on the Multy that has a wire connection to it. Restarting the Multy doesn't clear it, restarting the router does.

At that point the router log shows attacks, 1 to 3 a second, of the form

kernel: IN=br0 OUT= MAC=bc:99:11:64:64:68:d4:1a:d1:18:d2:b4:08:00 SRC=192.168.1.141 DST=192.168.1.1 LEN=84 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=17683 DF PROTO=ICMP TYPE=8 CODE=0 ID=54032 SEQ=2

The source varies between each of the three Multy devices, the destination is the router.

This has only started happening in the last few days. The Multy system has been running for a month or two.

Where should I look to try to identify the exact cause?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,087  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @MarkRS

Could you provide us with the following details:

1. How does the router assign IP addresses to Multy devices? Is it through DHCP, or have you implemented MAC binding on these devices?
    2. Please help to provide how you connect your Multy device to your local topology.
    3. After the reboot on the router, does the issue persist in your network?

• MarkRS
    MarkRS Posts: 9
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your reply.

1. DHCP
    2. The base Multy is wired to the house router. The other two Multys are WiFi connected.
    3. After rebooting the router the problem goes away. The excessive number of connections atttributed to the base Multy are closed and the network acts normally.

Consumer Product Help Center