HO MY GOD DOCKER IN NAS326

Options

It's really possible wow??? @Mijzelf GUYSSSS PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question: (it's possible?)

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,620  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Where does that screenshot come from?

Anyway, according to this page you need

• A 64-bit installation
    • Version 3.10 or higher of the Linux kernel. The latest version of the kernel available for your platform is recommended.
    • iptables version 1.4 or higher
    • git version 1.7 or higher
    • A ps executable, usually provided by procps or a similar package.
    • XZ Utils 4.9 or higher
    • A properly mounted cgroupfs hierarchy; a single, all-encompassing cgroup mount point is not sufficient. See Github issues #2683, #3485, #4568).

The NAS326 doesn't have a 64 bit installation. But the download page also offers armel and armhf (the latter might fit the NAS326) which are both 32 bits. The kernel could be good enough (3.10.39). There is no iptables, nor can it be added. git and XZ utils could be delivered by Entware. Don't know about the versions. There is a ps executable, but it's a busybox applet. Don't know if that is good enough, else Entware could help. I don't have a 326, but on my 520 there is no cgroupfs mounted. Yet there is a cgroup filesystem available (cat /proc/filesystems). But I don't know enough about cgroup witchery to know if that could meet the requirements.

So combining that all

It's really possible wow???

I doubt. As most docker containers do network stuff, the lack of iptables is probably a showstopper.

If you want docker on your 326, you could go the Debian way.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,620  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Where does that screenshot come from?

Anyway, according to this page you need

• A 64-bit installation
    • Version 3.10 or higher of the Linux kernel. The latest version of the kernel available for your platform is recommended.
    • iptables version 1.4 or higher
    • git version 1.7 or higher
    • A ps executable, usually provided by procps or a similar package.
    • XZ Utils 4.9 or higher
    • A properly mounted cgroupfs hierarchy; a single, all-encompassing cgroup mount point is not sufficient. See Github issues #2683, #3485, #4568).

The NAS326 doesn't have a 64 bit installation. But the download page also offers armel and armhf (the latter might fit the NAS326) which are both 32 bits. The kernel could be good enough (3.10.39). There is no iptables, nor can it be added. git and XZ utils could be delivered by Entware. Don't know about the versions. There is a ps executable, but it's a busybox applet. Don't know if that is good enough, else Entware could help. I don't have a 326, but on my 520 there is no cgroupfs mounted. Yet there is a cgroup filesystem available (cat /proc/filesystems). But I don't know enough about cgroup witchery to know if that could meet the requirements.

So combining that all

It's really possible wow???

I doubt. As most docker containers do network stuff, the lack of iptables is probably a showstopper.

If you want docker on your 326, you could go the Debian way.

Consumer Product Help Center