Options
GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 106  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited February 16 in Nebula

Hello,

I see inside Nebula that the only switch capable of stacking is the XS3800-28

Is it right?

I have some sites where I need an average of 3 switches with 48 gigabit ports each: it seems strange to me that instead of using 3x GS1920-48 I had to buy 6x XS3800-28

You can guess the final price.

How can I use more easy and cheap switches in stacking mode?

Thanks in advance

PS: I see a lot of switches compatible with iStacking… is it available inside Nebula?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 568  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @GiuseppeR

Before addressing your inquiry, we'd like to understand your primary objectives in network design.

1. What is the main reason for prioritizing the stacking feature as the primary request?
    2. How many sites do you need to manage, and what is the usage environment (e.g., hotel, office, school)?
    3. Could you please provide details about your usage scenario, such as network topology and connected devices? If this contains sensitive information, feel free to send it via private msg.

Regarding your question about iStacking, it's important to clarify that iStacking (Cluster management) is distinct from physical hardware stacking. iStacking is a web-based management software that enables administrators to configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and manage up to 24 switches simultaneously with just one IP address, regardless of their physical locations. However, this configuration is not available in Nebula.

Kay

• GiuseppeR
    GiuseppeR Posts: 106  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Kay

thanks for the infos about iStacking not working in Nebula.

For the first part:

1. I would like to have fail over and user friendly usage regarding configuration, instead of linking 3-4 different switches to a main switch and then all together to the firewall
    2. I was looking mainly for offices (where we are going to install 3x GS1920 series) but it is the same for schools and hotels
    3. No problem for network topology, if you would like I could invite you as a member of a 2 sites legal office (please send me your email for Nebula account)

See you soon, best regards

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 568  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @GiuseppeR

Yes, with a better understanding of your network topology, we can provide a more suitable solution for you. We would appreciate it if you could enable Zyxel Support for us and provide your org. and site name.

Thank you!

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks