GS1350-26HP Installation

Options
EzioEzz
EzioEzz Posts: 7
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Good morning, I purchased a GS1350-26HP to connect my POE cameras. I connected the switch to the NR7101 5G antenna but unfortunately I can't connect it to Nebula or connect to the web GUI. I also connected the switch directly to the PC, trying to connect to 192.168.1.1 but I can't find the page. I also changed the address of the 5G antenna to 192.168.1.2 and tried to reconnect to the switch but unfortunately I can't.

Do you have any suggestions?

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @EzioEzz ,

I also connected the switch directly to the PC, trying to connect to 192.168.1.1 but I can't find the page.

It seems like your PC and the GS1350-26HP switch are not operating within the same subnet. We recommend:

• Isolates the switch by disconnecting the switch from the NR7101
    • Consult the relevant FAQ section for guidance on how to assign a static IP address to your PC, ensuring it is in the same subnet as your switch's IP. Setting a static IP address for your PC to access your AP — Zyxel Community
    • After setting a static IP on your PC, use your web browser to navigate to the GS1350-26HP's default IP address as 192.168.1.1 to access the login screen.

On the other hand, in case your GS1350-26HP connects to the NR7101 and the DHCP is functioning with NR7101, we recommend:

unfortunately I can't connect it to Nebula

If you're interested in managing the GS1350-26HP switch via the Nebula cloud and are encountering issues, please provide us with specific details about the problem. For instance, let us know if the switch is unable to register with Nebula, or if it registers successfully but appears offline, etc.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @EzioEzz ,

The GS1350 series switches are for surveillance and the users do not want their switch to send any surveillance data to the cloud in common, so we disabled the NCC discovery by default. In case you'd like to manage the switch by Nebula, please go to switch local GUI and enable Nebula Control Center Discovery.

Related to NR7101 local GUI accessing, this FAQ show you how to access the local GUI when the mobile router is in IP passthrough mode:

Additionally, upon reviewing your site, we confirmed that your NR7101 is connected to the Internet. If the PC is not receiving an Internet connection in the topology setup of NR7101 router - GS1350 switch - PC, please verify if there are any irregular configurations in the GS1350's port 1&2 settings.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @EzioEzz ,

I also connected the switch directly to the PC, trying to connect to 192.168.1.1 but I can't find the page.

It seems like your PC and the GS1350-26HP switch are not operating within the same subnet. We recommend:

• Isolates the switch by disconnecting the switch from the NR7101
    • Consult the relevant FAQ section for guidance on how to assign a static IP address to your PC, ensuring it is in the same subnet as your switch's IP. Setting a static IP address for your PC to access your AP — Zyxel Community
    • After setting a static IP on your PC, use your web browser to navigate to the GS1350-26HP's default IP address as 192.168.1.1 to access the login screen.

On the other hand, in case your GS1350-26HP connects to the NR7101 and the DHCP is functioning with NR7101, we recommend:

unfortunately I can't connect it to Nebula

If you're interested in managing the GS1350-26HP switch via the Nebula cloud and are encountering issues, please provide us with specific details about the problem. For instance, let us know if the switch is unable to register with Nebula, or if it registers successfully but appears offline, etc.

• EzioEzz
    Options

Hi Judy, thanks for the reply. I was able to connect to the switch following your procedure.
    I changed the switch IP to 198.168.1.3 so that it doesn't conflict with the 5G router.
    I connected the router to POE port 1, it works fine but I can't reach it at its address. I also don't have access to the internet.
    If instead I connect the 5G router directly to the PC, I have access to the internet.
    I registered the switch on Nebula but it appears offline despite having activated NCC on the switch.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @EzioEzz ,

To enhance our support, could you please provide the following details:

• Is your NR7101 a Nebula version, and is it registered on Nebula?
    • Is the NR7101 configured in Router mode or IP Passthrough mode?
    • Can you describe your network topology? Specifically, is it NR7101 — SW port 1 — SW port … — PC?

Additionally, we request you to enable Zyxel support and provide us with the name of your Nebula organization/site here or via the private message by clinking to my account > Message.

• EzioEzz
    Options

Hi, I'll answer you point by point:

1. Yes it is the Nebula version and it is connected to the cloud and works perfectly
    2. It is set in IP Passthrough mode
    3. The 5G modem is connected via POE to port 1 of the switch, its IP is 192.168.1.2, the PC is connected to port 2 of the switch.

The goal is to configure the switch to connect the surveillance cameras in POE and have two ports available to connect two wifi antennas.

I'll PM you what you requested.

Thanks

Ezio

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @EzioEzz ,

The GS1350 series switches are for surveillance and the users do not want their switch to send any surveillance data to the cloud in common, so we disabled the NCC discovery by default. In case you'd like to manage the switch by Nebula, please go to switch local GUI and enable Nebula Control Center Discovery.

Related to NR7101 local GUI accessing, this FAQ show you how to access the local GUI when the mobile router is in IP passthrough mode:

Additionally, upon reviewing your site, we confirmed that your NR7101 is connected to the Internet. If the PC is not receiving an Internet connection in the topology setup of NR7101 router - GS1350 switch - PC, please verify if there are any irregular configurations in the GS1350's port 1&2 settings.

• EzioEzz
    Options

I had to disable passthrough and now everything works, even the cameras I attached. Unfortunately, the connection to Nebula still doesn't work despite having activated NCC

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @EzioEzz ,

Please consult the following article for guidance on troubleshooting Switch offline on Nebula:

In case the issue persists after your initial checks, please refer to this FAQ for instructions on downloading the technical support file. Once obtained, kindly provide it to us for further assistance.