Zyxel nebula fwa510 firmware?

Options
Mkmkmk
Mkmkmk Posts: 5
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 6 in Nebula

Hello. Just bought this router. I have searched like crazy, but cant find out where i can find firmwares for it?

The zyxel air-app doesnt work. When i click "check firmware upgrade" it gives error "accessing device with error. Please try again later".

And when i access router via 192.168.1.1 i dont have any option to check for firmware upgrade. Only an upload-button.

Any ideas?

Best regard

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,667  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Mkmkmk,

I apologize this error pops up. Please find the firmware in the Zyxel download library. The link below will take you to the download page of FWA510.

Additionally, Nebula FWA510 can be managed by Nebula. If you are interested in cloud management, please give it a try. You may find some useful information in this guide.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Mkmkmk,

Please reference the reply below:

Can you see the current tower cell-id you are connected to right now?

The Cell ID information could be found in local GUI >> System Monitor >> Cellular WAN Status >> Cell ID.

Is it possible to scan for a list of towers nearby?

FWA510 doesn't support this feature.

Is it possible to obly connect to a specific band? (Band 20 800MHz, band 3 1800MHz etc)

You can manually configure the 4G LTE access band by navigating to Broadband >> Cellular Band, disable the Band Auto selection option and manually selected the bands according to the ISP SIM's requirement in local area, however, please note that the manual selected band is indeed available in the customer's area, and ensure the band is supported by this ISP.

Is it possible to connect to a specific tower? (With tower cell id for example)

Currently, there is no way to connect to specific tower by using Cell-ID, the mobile router device mechanism chooses the strongest LTE/NR signal to priory connected.

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Mkmkmk,

I apologize this error pops up. Please find the firmware in the Zyxel download library. The link below will take you to the download page of FWA510.

Additionally, Nebula FWA510 can be managed by Nebula. If you are interested in cloud management, please give it a try. You may find some useful information in this guide.

Zyxel Melen

• Mkmkmk
    Options

Thank you so much. I have a couple other questions if its allright.

Is it possible to see the tower cell-id im connected to at the moment?

And is it possible to scan for a list of towers nearby?

And can you lock the router to only connect to band20(800MHz), band3(1800MHz) etc?

• Mkmkmk
    Options

Thank you so much. I thought i made a reply, but it must have dissapeared so ill try again.

I have a couple other questions if its allright.

Is it possible to obly connect to a specific band? (Band 20 800MHz, band 3 1800MHz etc)

Best regard

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Mkmkmk,

I have saved your reply and am checking on it. I will update you once I have further info.

Zyxel Melen

• Mkmkmk
    Options

Thank you

• Mkmkmk
    edited April 11
    Options

Also: is it possible to connect to a specific tower? (With tower cell id for example)

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Mkmkmk,

Please reference the reply below:

The Cell ID information could be found in local GUI >> System Monitor >> Cellular WAN Status >> Cell ID.

FWA510 doesn't support this feature.

You can manually configure the 4G LTE access band by navigating to Broadband >> Cellular Band, disable the Band Auto selection option and manually selected the bands according to the ISP SIM's requirement in local area, however, please note that the manual selected band is indeed available in the customer's area, and ensure the band is supported by this ISP.

Is it possible to connect to a specific tower? (With tower cell id for example)

Currently, there is no way to connect to specific tower by using Cell-ID, the mobile router device mechanism chooses the strongest LTE/NR signal to priory connected.

Hope it helps.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks