NTP Update Failed

Options
kevindd992002
kevindd992002 Posts: 17  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

I have two sites connected to one NCC. One site has 9 NWA210AX AP's and another has only 1 NWA210AX AP. I'm checking the event logs on both sites and I get a lot of "NTP Update Failed" entries there even though I don't see any time issues. How can I troubleshoot this?

@Zyxel_CSO

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 572  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @kevindd992002

We've noticed that your Nebula site is located in the Philippines, and we've encountered similar issues reported by other users in the Philippines. It appears that some ISPs in the region are blocking access to Nebula Control Center's relied-upon NTP server, *.pool.ntp.org.

To address this, here are three possible solutions:

1. Contact your ISP and request them to unblock access to the FQDNs: 0.pool.ntp.org and 1.pool.ntp.org.
    2. Adjust your firewall/router DNS settings to replace the FQDN 0.pool.ntp.org and 1.pool.ntp.org with Google's NTP address (for example: 219.239.35.8).

Additionally, we're currently working on adjusting the NTP server domain in our next firmware release to improve user experience. Stay tuned to the https://community.zyxel.com/en/categories/wlan-news-and-release for updates on the latest firmware release.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us.

Kay

• kevindd992002
    Options

I see. I guess I just need to wait for the latest firmware release then. Do you know why I still get the correct time in the logs and all of Nebula center if NTP updating is failing on all my AP's?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @kevindd992002

Even though the NTP updates are failing intermittently on your APs, they still manage to synchronize time occasionally. As a result, the time on your devices remains relatively close to the time on the Nebula CC. Consequently, the logs reflect the correct time.

Kay

• kevindd992002
    Options

Hi Kay. Ok, I understand. Is there an ETA to the firmware fix?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @kevindd992002

The release of the next firmware is scheduled for 2024/Q3. Stay tuned to the WirelessLAN New Release for the latest firmware updates.

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks