FWA710

Options
skivy71
skivy71 Posts: 4
First Comment

Anyone know how to get ESIM working on this thing? I tried pasting in my LPA:$xxxx$yyyy$zzzz code, clicking download… get the spinner, then nothing, no dialogue

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @skivy71,

FWA710 currently supports the physical SIM card only. But we understand there are more and more ISPs providing ESIM service to their customer to substitute a physical SIM card. I have created an idea post for you.

If anyone likes this idea, please feel free to leave your comment or give it a vote.

Zyxel Melen

• skivy71
    skivy71 Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

This is not helpful… and I can tell you why.

This device (like your others) only supports Micro SIM… but almost everything is Nano SIM now.

So, even thought the webUI shows ESIM function and allows a user to interact with it, I can't use it.

Fine, I'll convert my E-SIM to a Physical… but wait… the Router fails to activate the sim (when installed) and I have NO devices which support Micro… so I can't activate my SIM.

What were Zyxel thinking when: -

1/. They used Micro vs Nano SIM?

2/. They allowed the user to think ESIM was an option, but secretly, it's a locked feature set / flag

3/. They did not implement the simple SMS / AT command page for basic SIM operations.

This thing is going back

Nebula Tips & Tricks