FWA710

Options
skivy71
skivy71 Posts: 4
First Comment

Anyone know how to get ESIM working on this thing? I tried pasting in my LPA:$xxxx$yyyy$zzzz code, clicking download… get the spinner, then nothing, no dialogue

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,714  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @skivy71,

FWA710 currently supports the physical SIM card only. But we understand there are more and more ISPs providing ESIM service to their customer to substitute a physical SIM card. I have created an idea post for you.

If anyone likes this idea, please feel free to leave your comment or give it a vote.

Zyxel Melen

• skivy71
    skivy71 Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

This is not helpful… and I can tell you why.

This device (like your others) only supports Micro SIM… but almost everything is Nano SIM now.

So, even thought the webUI shows ESIM function and allows a user to interact with it, I can't use it.

Fine, I'll convert my E-SIM to a Physical… but wait… the Router fails to activate the sim (when installed) and I have NO devices which support Micro… so I can't activate my SIM.

What were Zyxel thinking when: -

1/. They used Micro vs Nano SIM?

2/. They allowed the user to think ESIM was an option, but secretly, it's a locked feature set / flag

3/. They did not implement the simple SMS / AT command page for basic SIM operations.

This thing is going back

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,714  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @skivy71,

We understand that you have certain expectations regarding our products. We regret to inform you that our FWA710 model does not currently support the specific features or specifications you require. Please be assured that we will take note of your request and include it in our future device development plans. We thank you for sharing your feedback with us and appreciate your cooperation.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks