FWA710 5G Outdoor Router

Model Name FWA710

Firmware Version V1.17(ACGC.0)C0

Hi,

I successfulyl setup the mentioned router with vodafone germany and 5G. Speed is awesome (650Mbps/140Mbps). Now I'm struggling with getting the ip-passthrough running.

When I set it up as described here (Link) my router (opnsense) gets a DHCP lease on the WAN interface and I can access the internet, but I can not reach it from the internet. So I connected a raspberry pi5 to the LAN Port of the FWA710 and just activated an apache2 webserver, but still not accessable.

I checked the ip leases and saw that the dhcp ip the endpoint (opnsense/rpi5) is different from the one shown in the Zyxel web interface.

What I want to reach - just simple bride-mode of the FWA710 so I can access my internal ressources from the internet.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Arne

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,482  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    edited June 3

Hi @arneboeses ,

It seems that the passthrough configuration was set successfully, and your network service is active.

Regarding access to OPNsense, please check if you have chosen the Passthrough mode as Fixed, and set the Passthrough to fixed MAC to your OPNsense router?

If so, when you want to access your OPNsense router, please use the IP address shown on the FWA710 home page, as the OPNsense will use the FWA710’s Cellular WAN IP.

After that, please configure the relevant policy on your OPNsense router to allow devices from the internet to access it.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• arneboeses
    arneboeses Posts: 2
    First Comment

Thank you for the reply. IPs are now equal, but still traffic does not end at the opnsense. Any idea? Port 80/443 are open at opnsense for haproxy also tested with raspberrypi. So my only guess is that vodafone has a NAT within the 5g mobile network.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,482  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @arneboeses ,

From our perspective, we can guarantee that the passthrough configuration was set successfully and your network service is active. However, due to our limited knowledge about OPNsense and Vodafone, we cannot assist with the OPNsense access issue.

If you find a solution for this issue, please feel free to share here with Community users.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

Consumer Product Help Center