GS1100-16 strange port behaviour
Hi @RCTechCon ,
Welcome to Zyxel Community!
According to your description, I would like to check the following with you:
1. You mentioned you use 20 of 24 ports on the Switch, may I assume your Switch is GS1100-24 or GS1100-24E?
2. May you provide me the first 5 letters of the serial number? We would like to know the production year.(It should start with "S")
3. May you share what devices are connected to your Switch? Do you also connect Unifi AC Lite like other users mentioned above? What is the application in your daily use?
4. Is there any new device or new application you use in the network recently? The reason I ask this is because you mentioned the Switch has been working well for a year.
I have a similar problem with the GS1100-16. The port to which an AVM Repeater 1200 (firmware 7.50) is connected seems to hang up every few days. The LEDs are flashing, but the port is dead and won't work again until I've powered down the GS1100. I have already tested several ports and the problem moves with them.0
Welcome to the Zyxel community!
The LEDs are flashing, but the port is dead and won't work again
This is likely due to a broadcast storm or loop since you mentioned the "LEDs" but not "LED".
Could you share your topology for better clarification?
Have you checked if other devices with the cable connection can ping each other when this happens?
If you cannot ping each other means your network has a broadcast storm or loop. Finding out where the broadcast storm or loop comes from is a good start to solving this problem.Melen0
Furthermore, you can also isolate the GS1100 with two PCs to verify whether it will stop working after a few days or not.
If it won't, then this might be due to your network surrounding.Melen0
I didn't mean all LEDs. Only the LED of the affected port was meant. Only the one port to which the AVM Repeater 2400 is connected as an AP is affected. The other ports and devices continue to function and are pingable. I will deliver the network topology later.0
Thanks for the more detailed information.
Since you mentioned other devices are functioning, I would like to check the following with you:
- Try to ping the AVM Repeater 2400 when the issue happens.
- Replug the Repeater.
- Disconnect the AVM Repeater 2400 and connect another device to test that port's functionality.
I will report when the issue happens next time.0
- 8.5K All Categories
- 1.6K Nebula
- 71 Nebula Ideas
- 57 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 4.5K Security
- 226 Security Ideas
- 982 Switch
- 46 Switch Ideas
- 876 WirelessLAN
- 22 WLAN Ideas
- 5.1K Consumer Product
- 157 Service & License
- 280 News and Release
- 98 Success Stories
- 59 Security Advisories
- 13 Education Center
- 580 FAQ
- 263 Nebula FAQ
- 160 Security FAQ
- 76 Switch FAQ
- 74 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 7 Consumer Product FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 34 Nebula Monthly Express
- 69 About Community
- 46 Security Highlight