NAS520, unable to retrieve list of apps

lee626
lee626 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Comment

I have recently acquired the NAS520 and have been able to factory reset it and update it to the firmware 5.21. However I do not have any apps installed ( I am trying to download the Zyxel Cloud Agent). I receive the "Download list fail" when going through the App Centre. After going through previous posts with similar problems I am not sure which commands to use through SSH to install/download the repositories.

I have gotten as far as enabling SSH, logging into the NAS and then about there. Any help would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,741  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers
    Answer ✓

ZyXEL has pulled the packages for the NAS520 from their server. Fortunatelty, the ones for NAS540 and NAS542 are compatible. (And I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually the same).

The easiest way to use the NAS542 packages is to install MetaRepository. (Instructions here), and then, in MetaRepository's webinterface, change the default package source 'ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/+' by 'ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NAS542/zypkg/5.21/'.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,741  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers
    Answer ✓

ZyXEL has pulled the packages for the NAS520 from their server. Fortunatelty, the ones for NAS540 and NAS542 are compatible. (And I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually the same).

The easiest way to use the NAS542 packages is to install MetaRepository. (Instructions here), and then, in MetaRepository's webinterface, change the default package source 'ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/+' by 'ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NAS542/zypkg/5.21/'.

• lee626
    lee626 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Solved!

Mijzelf thank you so much! I was at my wits end last night!! My saviour.

• Gray_0
    Gray_0 Posts: 6  Freshman Member
    First Comment First Anniversary

Like Lee 626 I am at my wits end.

After upgrading the firmware on my NSA320s and NAS520 I too lost all the apps.

I am also having difficulty in pairing my NAS520 to ZyXELCloud.

Although I am running FW 5.21, when the help notes state I should be ok with 5.20 and above?

Not sure if the two issues are interrelated?

I have now been trying to resolve these issues for more time than I would like too.

So much so, that I have mused the thought of replacing the Storage devices completely with something else.

Not a good endorsement for ZyXEL.

If anyone has any thoughts and an easy resolution I would be most grateful.

Consumer Product Help Center