Multy M1 wifi6 internet speed

Jevamo
Jevamo Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment

I recently installed a 3-pack Multy M1 in our house. As i used a single router before (also wifi6), my internet speed on WIFI was around 800Mbps (up and down). My fiber speed is 1Gbit.

After installing Multy M1 the maximum speed is 450Mbps (down and up). As this divice is also a 801.11AX it should be able to reach more speed? In the settings page i've also tried to enable Mimo/ofdma and obss, but it didn't made any difference.

It's also operating in bridge mode. Is there any other setting i can do to increase the speed?

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 991  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jevamo

Several factors can affect your speed test results, such as signal interference, bandwidth distribution, the connected radio band, and differences in radio configuration. To accurately test the maximum speed of your Multy M1, it's best to test in a controlled environment with only one client connected to the network.

To start, I recommend resetting your device to its factory default settings and setting it to bridge mode again to rule out any configuration issues that might be affecting the current speed.

Here are some additional tips to optimize your network device's speed:

1. Adjust Channel and Bandwidth Settings: Choosing the right channel and bandwidth can significantly impact your speed. For more information on how these settings affect performance, check out this post:
      What Changes: Selecting the Right Channel Width (20/40/80 MHz) for Your Wireless Network — Zyxel Community.
    2. Optimize Device Positioning: Ensure that your Multy M1 units are positioned to minimize interference from other devices or physical obstructions. For more tips, please visit:
      Common causes of WiFi interference — Zyxel Community.

Additionally, to prevent speed reduction caused by the mesh connection, consider connecting your Multy M1 satellites via Ethernet LAN.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jevamo

To ensure your device connects to the 5GHz network, you can separate your SSID for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. To do this, go to Settings > WiFi > Main WiFi and adjust the configuration accordingly.

Additionally, could you please share the speed performance when your device is connected to the M1 Ethernet LAN port? Is there any difference compared to connecting wirelessly, especially to the 5GHz SSID, which typically has less interference? If possible, please also provide the Tx/Rx rate for both the Ethernet and wireless connections.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jevamo

Several factors can affect your speed test results, such as signal interference, bandwidth distribution, the connected radio band, and differences in radio configuration. To accurately test the maximum speed of your Multy M1, it's best to test in a controlled environment with only one client connected to the network.

To start, I recommend resetting your device to its factory default settings and setting it to bridge mode again to rule out any configuration issues that might be affecting the current speed.

Here are some additional tips to optimize your network device's speed:

1. Adjust Channel and Bandwidth Settings: Choosing the right channel and bandwidth can significantly impact your speed. For more information on how these settings affect performance, check out this post:
      What Changes: Selecting the Right Channel Width (20/40/80 MHz) for Your Wireless Network — Zyxel Community.
    2. Optimize Device Positioning: Ensure that your Multy M1 units are positioned to minimize interference from other devices or physical obstructions. For more tips, please visit:
      Common causes of WiFi interference — Zyxel Community.

Additionally, to prevent speed reduction caused by the mesh connection, consider connecting your Multy M1 satellites via Ethernet LAN.

Kay

• Jevamo
    Jevamo Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Hi @zyxel_kay,

Thanks for your reply. Before posting my question i had already did a factory reset and put the M1 in bridge mode. All the two sattelites has a wired connection with LAN.

About the speed measuring, i've been standing next to the Primary Multy and the maximum speed was around the 450Mbps.

Also the bandsetting is on 80MHz on 5Ghz. I'm wondering if my devices are using the 2.4Ghz band instead of the 5Ghz. Is there any setting available to force the Multy to use 801.11AX only?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jevamo

To ensure your device connects to the 5GHz network, you can separate your SSID for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. To do this, go to Settings > WiFi > Main WiFi and adjust the configuration accordingly.

Additionally, could you please share the speed performance when your device is connected to the M1 Ethernet LAN port? Is there any difference compared to connecting wirelessly, especially to the 5GHz SSID, which typically has less interference? If possible, please also provide the Tx/Rx rate for both the Ethernet and wireless connections.

Kay

Consumer Product Help Center