Access Point offline after a few minutes

daniel_maldet
daniel_maldet Posts: 4  Freshman Member
First Comment

I have a client that has a WAX610D connected to a XS1930-12HP switch. I have the switch port set as a trunk with VLAN 1 and VLAN 100 tagged on the port. I'm using Nebula and have the access point configured with the SSID and assigned to VLAN 100. I can get the access point to broadcast the SSID and connect to it for a few minutes. After that, the access point flashes green and amber and is offline in Nebula. It also stops broadcasting the SSID that I configured and instead broadcasts a ZyMesh_AP_"mac address" SSID. I checked the logs and there is something about losing connection with the gateway.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,441  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @daniel_maldet ,

You can follow the article to check the reason that led to the AP going offline on Nebula.

How to check the Cloud Control Status when AP is offline on Nebula? — Zyxel Community

If you've followed the above recommendation and the issue persists, please enable Zyxel support.

Additionally, please provide us with the name of your Nebula organization/site here or via the private message by clinking to my account > Message.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• daniel_maldet
    First Comment

I am unable to resolve the issue and have enabled support. The access point is online now and is transmitting untagged data. I have the switch port untagged on VLAN100. I'm now able to connect to the switch and get an IP address. If I enable the switch port to tagged and set the port as a trunk and then change the VLAN in the access point setting to 100, I can connect to the wireless network for about one minute before the access point stops broadcasting the SSID.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi Daniel,

We were unable to locate an organization named "Saint Marks Episcopal Church."

Could you please verify the organization and site name and share the correct details with us? They look like below.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi there,

Thank for your org and site name via the private message.

After reviewing your site, we found multiple logs indicating a "Nebula connection failed" with the reason "gateway unreachable." Please check and try changing the Ethernet cable connecting the AP to the gateway device, as well as the gateway (switch) port the AP is connected to.

If, after switching to a certified cable and port, the AP remains offline, please provide us with remote session details (Anydesk, TeamViewer credentials) and your available time. We can assist by remotely checking the issue directly.

• daniel_maldet
    First Comment

Thank you for checking on this. The switch that the access point connects into is a long distance from the gateway and it would not be possible to replace the cables. The switch is working fine with other devices connected to it. I'm also able to have the access point work under certain conditions. It works when I disable trunking of the switch port connected to the access port and set the VLAN of the port to 200. Under VLAN 200 on the switch, I set it to not tagging. The access point will go online and work in the IP range for VLAN 200. That would work but I have another VLAN that I also want to broadcast. If I enable trunking for the switch port, set the switch port VLAN to 1 and enable tagging of VLAN 200, the access point will work properly for about 30 seconds. It will then stop broadcasting the SSID and go offline. With that information, how would you like to proceed? I can configure so that it will work as mentioned and can then give you access.

Nebula Tips & Tricks