Multy X AP mode

Options
Kashue
Kashue Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited December 2017 in Multy WiFi System
Hi,
I would like to keep my existing Router and plan to buy Multy X running using AP mode.
I've tried to download the User Guide of Multy X but it doesn't mention anything about it.
And also, it seems doesn't include the information of the administration portal using web browser login.
Anyone here has already bought it?

Thanks guy

Kenneth

#MultyX_December

All Replies

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks for your interest in Multy X and for reaching out! 
    We will release a new version to support Bridge mode at the end of this month. (To install your Multy X as Wireless Access Point in your house.)
    Currently, Multy X does not support administration portal by using web browser login.
    You can use Multy X app to manage it. Please kindly download it from App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
  • Steviewevie
    Steviewevie Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Is AP mode available now? I can see an option in the app to switch to bridge mode, but not AP mode. Or is Bridge mode what you're calling AP mode?

An AP normally provides wireless access to clients on the same network. A bridge normally connects two different networks.

What I want to do is to connect my Multy X to a regular router, with the Multy X doing all the wifi, assuming that I can't turn ICMP on on the Multy X for ping purposes (the router can answer the external ping).
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Currently, Multy X is supported Router mode and Bridge mode.
    Internet---Router<LAN>---<WAN>1st Multy X[Router mode or Bridge mode])))<Wireless Dedicated Backhaul>(((2nd Multy X

Consumer Product Help Center