NAS 540 REMOTE RSYNC PROBLEM

Options
tolyaasch
tolyaasch Posts: 10  Freshman Member
edited January 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
Dear community!
In first of all, I whish you happy new year and sorry for poor English.
I have a problem in our office. We have two of NAS540 in two separate buildings.
I used RSYNC to publish some folders to secondary NAS but after firmware update
(V5.21 AATB.0) this feature not working. When I hitting "show target content" button
in rsync (zyxel sync is same situation) - nothing is shown. It looks to me the source
NAS cannot connect correctly to destination NAS. Have you any idea what happens?
Before firmware update everithing works fine :(
Thand you.

#NAS_January

Best Answers

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Fuzzy problems caused by a firmware update are in most cases solved by a factory reset. A factory reset deletes all owner settings, but leaves the data untouched.
  • Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options
    A share is a shared directory on a volume. When you do a factory reset, the shares will be gone, but the directories are still there. In the shares menu they are shown as 'disabled shares', and you can re-enable them. You'll also have to re-do the permissions, if wanted.
  • Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The disks are supposed to be exchangeable. As long as you move a complete volume. A single disk of a raid5 array won't work, of course.

If you move the disk to another NAS, it should recognize the volume. The shares on the volume are not automatically exported (the share administration is not stored on the disk), so you'll have to re-enable them the same way as if you had performed a factory reset.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Fuzzy problems caused by a firmware update are in most cases solved by a factory reset. A factory reset deletes all owner settings, but leaves the data untouched.
  • tolyaasch
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Mijzelf
    I have 4 disk / 4 volumes shared to smb/cifs in one of NAS and 3 disks / 6 volumes shared on secondary NAS. If I´ll do a factory rst what to do with these shares? NAS will not forget them? Because there is no way to import disks and shares to NAS. I tried it to swap one disk from one NAS540 to another NAS540 and I must re-create partition and delete all data for example :( 
  • Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options
    A share is a shared directory on a volume. When you do a factory reset, the shares will be gone, but the directories are still there. In the shares menu they are shown as 'disabled shares', and you can re-enable them. You'll also have to re-do the permissions, if wanted.
  • tolyaasch
    Options
    @Mijzelf
    It sounds good! And is there any way to do something with my second problem? If I want to swap HDD from one NAS540 to another NAS540 without deleting data? 
    To understand my situation: on the end of the year I want to put all data to "secondary" NAS540 which called "BACKUP" by putting HDD with my all year data on it to "BACKUP" NAS. I need these data just for - just in case - situation, and putting new clean HDD to "PRIMARY" NAS to work on with actual new year data.
    Sorry for my bad English knowledge, I hope you can understand it :)

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The disks are supposed to be exchangeable. As long as you move a complete volume. A single disk of a raid5 array won't work, of course.

If you move the disk to another NAS, it should recognize the volume. The shares on the volume are not automatically exported (the share administration is not stored on the disk), so you'll have to re-enable them the same way as if you had performed a factory reset.
  • tolyaasch
    Options
    Today I had to try the factory reset but no luck :( After hitting "show target content" button I can see only volume names but no entries inside these volumes ...

Consumer Product Help Center