NAS 326

Options
LukaszS
LukaszS Posts: 5  Freshman Member
edited March 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hello,i am new user of NAS326 and i have a few questions about configuration.1. I try to configure remote access via FTP. It works fine, but all users have access to all folders despite their priviliges. Of course in local network all users have access only to specified folders.2. I have problem wtih apps instlation. NAS is almost empty, but i always get message: "There is not enough available storage to install these apps."

Regards,
Lukasz

#NAS_March

All Replies

• Johan
    Johan Posts: 27  Freshman Member
    Options
    Can they access the content of all folders or is the issue only that they can see the folders?
  • Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Options
    For item 2, can you show us the screenshot for the error message and APP page for which space you installed?
  • LukaszS
    Options
    ad. 1 Yes, they could both see and access all the folders. But it was yesterday. Today FTP not working at all. In admin panel ftp server is on, it can be reach by ***.zyxel.me adres, but every login try fails :(((
    ad. 2

• Ijnrsi
    Options
    Dropdown list has partition? That is weird as default the dropdown list should choose sysvolume automatically.
    Have you reset your device first before you create volume?
    You can try reset the device and check again, here for you reference.
    https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/comment/1595#Comment_1595
  • LukaszS
    Options
    The drop-down list does not work. Nothing is on it and it does not even open.
    I mainly use Chrome, but I've tried it in other browsers too.

FTP started working after I reset the settings at https://mycloud.zyxel.com/ but there is still a problem with priviliges.

Unfortunatelly I can't reset the settings now. Too many people are already using the disk.
    But generally it's a brand new device, we've been using it for about a week.
  • Ijnrsi
    Options
    Hmm, that is really weird, but I think that will be the something wrong with the config.
    You said now the device already in used with many people, but you can try backup the config first and then reset it to check if the problem gone, and then restore back the config, maybe the problem can be solved and you don't need to re-configure again.
  • LukaszS
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You mean: Configuration Backup/Factory Reset/Configuration Restore?
    I'm a little afraid about it, cause I have already configured 20 accounts and almost 20gb of data (office files, some images, no multimedia). Apparently not a lot but there is a lot of small files (20k) so very slowly copying. All accounts are mapped in the users devices in local network and 3 users uses drive via ftp. I would like not to loose it. 
    Maybe I'll try this in the weekend, when drive is not at use. Meanwhile I found out three other issues:
    • I've tried to set power on/off schedule in the night but in the morning there is always a problem with connection. Drive is working but it is not posisble to connect to it. It is necessary to manually turn it off and on.
    • Automatical backup does not working, but it might be connected with the issue above. Backup was set after automatical power on, so maybe it was a problem.
    • And not important but little annoying: i have to set time zone manually, because if there is automatical set, my drive belive it is in Taiwan (i am very far from Taiwan).
    I'm generally very disappointed with this device. I regret that I did not buy something better, but I thought that it would be enough for our needs.
  • Ijnrsi
    Options
    Regarding power schedule problem you can refer the following topic:
    https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/313/new-firmware-for-power-schedule-bug/p1
    For time zone part, that is weird, but since you would may try to do reset in the weekend, I think you can check time zone again
  • viktorio
    viktorio Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    when it will be
    php update (php7)?
    phpmyadmin update?
    wordpress update?
    owncloud update?
    on zyxel nas

Consumer Product Help Center