Zyxel Multy X and daisy chain

Options
Minchinton
Minchinton Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited July 2018 in Multy WiFi System
Hi,

I have purchased and setup the Zyxel Multy X in my apartment and overall I am extremely happy, but I am unable to get a full speed connection in my Living room. Our apartment is on 2 levels with the primary node in the kitchen on the 1st floor and 2 other nodes in the Bedroom and Living room on the 2nd floor. The Living Room is approximately twice the distance from the kitchen than the bedroom node yet they system seems to always use star topology, so I don't get full speed in the Living Room. I have attached the diagnostics screen shot of the speeds:

I read another forum post where you spoke about the Zyxel auto switching to daisy chain connection, but all the speed tests I have run from devices in the Living Room never exceed 180Mbps.

All of my Multy X nodes are the latest V2 firmware. Is there any way to force the daisy chain connection between nodes? Or is there a way to test the speed between the Bedroom and Living Room nodes?

Thanks in advance! 

Adam

#MultyX_July

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

// The Living Room is approximately twice the distance from the kitchen than the bedroom node yet they system seems to always use star topology, so I don't get full speed in the Living Room. 
    You can check WiFi Backhaul of Living Room to know it is connected which node.
    - Tap node icon of Living Room on home page
    - Check WiFi Backhaul
    - Multy APP will show which node is connected.

// Is there any way to force the daisy chain connection between nodes?
    Multy X is supported dynamic daisy chain. It means if 3rd node getting a stronger signal from 1st node (better than 2nd node), it will connect to 1st node automatically.

// Or is there a way to test the speed between the Bedroom and Living Room nodes?
    The current diagnose (node to node speed test) design, all is from 1st node to other nodes, 2nd node to 3rd node is not supported.

All Replies

• Dexter
    Dexter Posts: 108  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    If the topology is star, all nodes should be get full speed.
    2nd node: Bedroom)))(((1st node: Kitchen)))(((3rd node: Living Room
    If the topology is daisy chain, 3rd node might get speed down.
    1st node: Kitchen)))(((2nd node: Bedroom)))(((3rd node: Living Room
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

// The Living Room is approximately twice the distance from the kitchen than the bedroom node yet they system seems to always use star topology, so I don't get full speed in the Living Room. 
    You can check WiFi Backhaul of Living Room to know it is connected which node.
    - Tap node icon of Living Room on home page
    - Check WiFi Backhaul
    - Multy APP will show which node is connected.

// Is there any way to force the daisy chain connection between nodes?
    Multy X is supported dynamic daisy chain. It means if 3rd node getting a stronger signal from 1st node (better than 2nd node), it will connect to 1st node automatically.

// Or is there a way to test the speed between the Bedroom and Living Room nodes?
    The current diagnose (node to node speed test) design, all is from 1st node to other nodes, 2nd node to 3rd node is not supported.

Consumer Product Help Center