edited August 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
How can i reset my password from my nsa 325 v2? if forgot my password and id

#NAS_Aug

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,613  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Press the reset button until it beeps. That will reset the admin password to 1234, and the IP address to DHCP.
  • RoninDK
    RoninDK Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    Options
    Does this in reality mean that if someone broke into my home and got physical access to my NSA 325 V2 NAS that person would be able to access all my files on the NAS? And probably also gain access to my wifi?
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,613  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Does this in reality mean that if someone broke into my home and got physical access to my NSA 325 V2 NAS that person would be able to access all my files on the NAS?

Yes. And removing the factory reset option from the firmware doesn't help. You can simply pull the disks and read them on any Linux system.

The only scenario where physical access doesn't expose your files is when you use encryption, which is generally not supported by consumer-grade NASses.

And probably also gain access to my wifi?

An access point generally has also a factory reset button. So yes, a burglar can use your wifi. That is not very important, as he can only change the settings to factory default, and enter new ones, but he can't read your wifi password. (Unless you stored that in plain text on your NAS). So when you come home you'll find you can't use your wifi anymore, and perform a 2nd factory reset, and enter a new password, excluding the burglar.

• RoninDK
    RoninDK Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    Options
    Good to know. Great! Thanks :-)

Consumer Product Help Center