Dropbox doesn't work on NSA325_v2 after full reset

Options
zsuri
zsuri Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited August 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi!

Last week I bought a used NSA325_v2. It has the newest firmware. The former owner resetted the device. Everything works fine except of Dropbox. When I first checked it was enabled and logged in any account. Enabling/disabling the service seems to work on GUI however I can see dropbox_hook running even if I disable it (using ps in ssh console). I don't know if it is fine or not BUT when dropbox is enabled I cannot logout from this account. If I click logout the device freezes and I must restart it. I asked the former owner to put some files in his dropbox folder to check if his accoutn is used - not, it is not his account. I simple cannot reach the point where I could insert my account data. I tried to find a solution on internet and tried to delete the dropbox folder in i-data/.system but it doesn't help. When I restart the device and enable dropbox it is logged in again. Can you please help me how to make drobbox working?

#NAS_Aug

All Replies

• Wiasouda
    Wiasouda Posts: 156  Master Member
    Options
    Hi, 
    Did you really reset the device? After reset the all configuration will be removed and no longer exist, even dropbox, so I guess you may not reset it correctly.
    Try to press reset button till 2 beeps, and hold it 5 seconds then release it, and it would keep beeps and run reset process.
    After reboot, the dropbox account should be un-configured.

• zsuri
    Options
    Hi,

thank you for your answer. I reset the device again: I heard the two beeps and after I released the button the three quick beeps. Network settings etc. has been reset. Dropbox behavior didn't change: it is logged in with an unknown account and I cannot logout. 
  • Wiasouda
    Wiasouda Posts: 156  Master Member
    Options
    I find a news from dropbox to deparecate the old API since 2017/7/28 as below:
    https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2017/06/updated-api-v1-deprecation-timeline/
    And the latest firmware was since 2017/7/21.
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NSA325_v2/firmware/481AALS1C0.pdf
    So I think this might be the cause for why you always get account already login after reset, and the feature now, seems no longer be usable.
  • zsuri
    Options
    Thank you for your answer. It sounds logical but it doesn't make me happy :-( Strange that I am the only one who faces this problem. I will try to connect the Zyxel support.
  • zsuri
    Options
    I got an answer from Zyxel technical support: it is a known bug in NSA325_v2 and it will not be fixed. If one want to use Dropbox then NSA326 must be bought :-(

Consumer Product Help Center