NAS326 changing shares gives "unexpected error"

Options
duggleb
duggleb Posts: 20  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
edited August 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
Went to view a video via TV on the NAS recently to be told "No Videos shared". They were there earlier this year.
Used my usual PC Connection & files are all there, just not available via the Media server. The TWONKY MEDIA SERVER doesn't show anything. 
When I try to change ANY of the shares using 'Edit Shared Folder' -- 'Shared Folder Access' are a delay I get "Unexpected error"
Have upgraded FW to V5.21(AAZF.2), no change. Anyone any ideas please

#NAS_Aug

All Replies

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Options
    Hi, 
    Do you try to rescan the media content on your NAS326?
    Access your NAS and twonky management page, then go settings > system > server maintenance to rescan the content, maybe it could solve the problem.
    But according to your description "Edit Shared Folder" then got "Unexpected error", I guess your configuration might has problem, then if the rescan content is not used, then you may try reset device.

• duggleb
    Options
    I can't get into the TWONKY Management Page, all I have is Service | Media Server | 
    Enable Twonky Media Server  which is checked, but can't go any further, used to be able to!

When  I click I get redirected to "http://192.168.1.80:9001" but the page that comes up is "

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.80 refused to connect."

• Ijnrsi
    Options
    Does you twonky server work?
    If yes, but no possible to access twonky page, then you can use telnet to access your device and use following command to find the port information.
    #cd /i-data/.media/twonkymedia
    #cat twonkyserver.ini
    The information is below:
    # Port of the http server
    httpport=9001

• duggleb
    Options
    No, the Twonky server link just gave a "Page not Found"
    In desperation I did a "factory reset" as it states in the manual the stored "Volume Data is not changed" but since then I now have a fully functioning Twonky Media Server, BUT, I can't see any of the data I'd put on the disks. I know it's there and the Storage Manager' shows about 1/3 disk used, which is about right, but my data folder  doesn't appear using  the file manager.  IS there any way I can 'reattach' this data as it all sits in a custom folder 'DATA\' and has a load of hard to replace videos in it
  • Ijnrsi
    Options
    The function now is working, but failed to access Twonky server apge.
    Did you try telnet and check is the port still on 9001?
  • duggleb
    Options
    until ~I find out if I can reconnect to my lost data I'm reluctant to do much with the NAS
  • Ijnrsi
    Options
    It seems your problem is after factory reset, the non-default folder was disable, so you need to check the folders in your folder setting page, if the item of "Disable this share" was checked.

• duggleb
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Problem is the non-default folder doesn't even appear
    When I look at Storage Manager | Internal Storage | Volume | Volume on Disk Group 1 I see The Folder ("Data"), that it's ext4,  and is 246GB (about right) but I just cant get that to appear as a folder in my File Manager, I can't see how to include a screen capture image in this post
  • Ijnrsi
    Options
    How strange...
    Do you try reset again?
    Can you see your data via telnet with following command?
    #cd /i-data/sysvol/
    #ls
    ls will list the all shared folders.
    Use "cd" to access one of the shared folder, can you see your data?
    If you are able to see your data, then try to backup it first, then plug a USB disk to USB port.
    Then USB disk will be mounted in /e-data/, and you can use "ls /e-data/" to check the disk lable.

Then you can backup the data to the USB disk via  below command:
    #cp -rf /i-data/sysvol/folder_name /e-data/disk_name

After all backup finished, then create a new volume.
  • duggleb
    Options
    Thanks, the telnet does work, and I can see the files. However I can't do a block copy but have to move into each subfolder in turn & copy the files.  It's a pain but I can at least get my files out.

Consumer Product Help Center