NAS326 changing shares gives "unexpected error"

Options
2»

All Replies

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Options
    Hmm, I guest you login with admin. but without escalated your privilege to root.
    Try #su and enter the admin's password again, then you may be able to do block copy.
    Or you can create a new to folder and a subfolder it, and move all data to this foler, then you can directly copy it all to your external storange.
  • duggleb
    duggleb Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    Just looked at my  twonkyserver.ini and see that
    httpport=  (nothing)

Allegedly the Media Server is enabled, 192.168.1.80:9001 (according to GUI)
    but when I change any Media Server | Share Publish I'm back to the dreaded "Unexpected Error"

• duggleb
    Options
    IUsing your Telnet Trick I managed to find where the "disappeared" files were saved, and have moved them using the "File Manager | Drag | Move" option, but I need to perform teh Drag / Move twice for each folder. Is this by design or just a "Funny" on my NAS?
  • duggleb
    Options
    Using your Telnet advice 
    Just looked at my  twonkyserver.ini and see that 
    httpport=  (nothing)

Allegedly the Media Server is enabled, 192.168.1.80:9001 (according to GUI)
    but when I change any Media Server | Share Publish I'm back to the dreaded "Unexpected Error"
  • Ijnrsi
    Options
    That is really weird as the ini file still keep the wrong setting after you reset... 
    Maybe you can try to reset it via command: /usr/local/btn/reset_and_reboot.sh, then check again the ini file.
    And you could try to export the ini file and modify the httpport to 9001 as below and import back to NAS, then the twonky page might be available.

• duggleb
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thanks Ijnrsi 
    Excuse the ignorance, but how do I export/import the INI file?
    Secondly, if I try your suggestion "/usr/local/btn/reset_and_reboot.sh", this will not affect any of the data on NAS, unlike when I did a system reset & lost all my data
  • Ijnrsi
    Options
    The file you can export by using winscp or sftp login with root.
    For the command, it is the same behavior as HW reset button, so the data should not be effected, but just the folder you created will be disable automatically, then you have to enable them manually.
  • duggleb
    Options
    Hi Ijnrsi
    Couldn't get WINscp to work.
    In the end I used cp to copy twonkyserver.ini to a shared folder I could access, edited it using a windows editor & then copied it back again.
    Restarted the NAS and at the moment the Twonky Media Service does work, and all my videos are visible under the TwonkServer icon in windows 10.
    Hopefully that will remain the situation, thanks for your help
  • Ijnrsi
    Options
    Hi duggleb, 
    Congratulations, it works now.
    I think you can keep the configuration file download, then if any issue occuring after you changed the config, then restore the configuration file back to NAS.

Consumer Product Help Center