NAS542 reboot continuosly after power fail

Pandino84
Pandino84 Posts: 14  Freshman Member
First Anniversary
edited December 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
power fail in my house... now my zyxel nas542 reboot itself continuosly.... any ideas? help please... 

#NAS_Dec_2018

Comments

• Pandino84
    First Anniversary
    reset and deep reset non solve...
  • Pandino84
    First Anniversary

maybe's i have to recharge the firmware? but how?

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Continuously? Which frequence?
  • Pandino84
    First Anniversary
    edited December 2018
    power on, control disk, continuos blink the first led, shutoff. total operation about 1 minute.
  • Mijzelf
    One minute. In that case it's not the bootloader which reboots the box, which is good. That's about the time it needs to get to the desktop.
    Does it also reboot if you pull the disks? Did you have timed shutdown enabled?
  • Pandino84
    First Anniversary
    It reboot also if i took over al the disks. I THINK i have it enable but i’m not sure. I try to reset by rear button but always reboot. Ho i can help you find cause of this continuous reboot? For now Many thanks
  • Mijzelf
    It is a known (by me) problem on the NSA series that the timed shutdowns can 'go wild'. I'm not sure how it's caused. The box has a battery operated clock, so it should always know which time it is. But if the box 'goes wild', it will shutdown the box before the webinterface is up, and before the reset button is parsed.
    I can't remember I heard about this problem on a NAS series, but it won't hurt to try the same remedy.
    Download the universal usb_key_func stick here: http://zyxel.diskstation.eu/Users/Mijzelf/
    read the readme, and use the usb_key_func.sh.telnet_and_stop file. If that stops the cycle, and you are able to login over telnet, the box can be reset by a command line command. I'll have to search which one.

• Pandino84
    First Anniversary
    thanks a lot. i hope your readme file is complete, becouse i'm a ignorant with telnet and i never use it. but i never give up! i wait for the command line for reset and for now ever thanks!
  • lassd
    lassd Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Hey. clashed with the same problem. Reset does not help. The network address is not assigned. I'll try the method, unsubscribe.
  • Mijzelf
    Meanwhile I have found that on the NAS5xx the 'telnet and stop' script has to be edited. Instead of
    <div>telnetd -l /bin/sh</div><div></div>
    it should be
    telnetd
    The -l option is not supported. This means that you'll have to login, but at this level the password for root and admin is not yet set. I hope it's 1234

BTW, the file has to have Linux line endings. For Windows you can use PsPad for that.

Consumer Product Help Center