NAS326 - Where is the 1,2tb gone?

Options
määck
määck Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited March 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
I recently tried to extend one of my volumes, and the usage of disk group 1 was correctly put to 100%, but the 1,2tb never showed up in the volume. It's now just gone!
I attached a screenshot of said disk group. You can see that the volume is only 2,4tb while the disk group has a usage of 3,6tb. This is the only volume in this disk group.
Has someone a clue what is going on and how I can get my disk space back without deleting the whole volume?

#NAS_Mar_2019

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It seems that the volume is bigger than the embedded filesystem. Did you interrupt the resizing procedure?
    Anyway, resizing the filesystem should be a breeze. Simply execute
    su<br>resize2fs /dev/vg_5809fa3c/lv_94593aed

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Options
    Can you login over ssh, and post the result of
    <div>cat /proc/partitions</div><div><br></div><div>cat /proc/mdstat</div><div><br></div><div>su</div><div><br></div><div>vgscan<br></div><div>lvscan -a</div><div></div>
    The first command will show all blockdevices (disks. partitions, raid arrays, ...) known to the kernel. The second will show all raid arrays, their status and members. The 3rd command will elevate you to root. (SuperUser), and the 4th will show all  volume groups, and the 5th all logical volumes.
  • määck
    Options
    Hey, 
    I put the commands into the ssh, here is the result:

Thanks for the help!
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    Hm. That doesn't tell where your space is gone. You have 3 volumes, 3.63TiB, 1000GiB and 859GiB. These are located in different disks, and can't interfere.
    That 3.63TiB volume doesn't seem to be divided in 'sub-volumes'. So either the filesystem is smaller than the volume, or it's a (cosmetical) bug in the webinterface.
    The command
    df /dev/vg_5809fa3c/lv_94593aed
    can tell you about the size@free space of the filesystem on the 3.63TiB volume.
  • määck
    Options
    Hey, I ran the new command, here is what it says:

I don't think it's just a bug in the interface, since Filezilla and the Finder also tell me the size of the volume in question is 2,4tb rather then 3,6tb
  • Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It seems that the volume is bigger than the embedded filesystem. Did you interrupt the resizing procedure?
    Anyway, resizing the filesystem should be a breeze. Simply execute
    su<br>resize2fs /dev/vg_5809fa3c/lv_94593aed

• määck
    Options
    Awesome, that worked! Thanks a lot for your help Mijzelf!

Consumer Product Help Center