Mapping Nework drive NAS326 on Win10 machine not working

Options
Cheapskate
Cheapskate Posts: 4  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited May 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi,
I have a NAS326 which I struggle with mapping as network drive in WIN10. Although it seems pretty obvious to map a drive like \\NAS326\misc providing my name and password it won't work. I even can not see it in my Network folder... I see the Twonky Server there and can ping the server by its name... but accessing / mapping it seems not possible. Recently I managed to get the drive mapped but as I got a fresh installation of my Win10 machine and truly forgot how I did it in the past... Interestingly mapping the drive from my other Win7 machine worked like a breeze (... pulling hair...)

Any ideas how to go about this, please?

Cheers!

#NAS_May_2019

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• pepperhope
    pepperhope Posts: 1
    Options
    I will find out it's answer and reply you.
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Resolved it by myself:
    1. Enable SMB1, again: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-access-files-network-devices-using-smbv1-windows-10
    2. Map Networkdrive preceding my username with "azure" (e.g azure\myUserName)
    3. ... done...
    Cheers!

• TimH
    TimH Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    Had same issue with NAS540.  Turned off firewall, turned on file sharing and network discovery, confirmed SMBv2. Quick Access \\NAS\ didn't work many times, then this morning it did.  Turned on firewall, turned off sharing and network discovery.  NAS map remains good.  Go figure.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Map Networkdrive preceding my username with "azure" (e.g azure\myUserName)

What has azure to do with it, and how did you find that?

• TimH
    TimH Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    Today Win10 lost the network drive map on each of my PCs.  Win reported the drive was not responding.  Then after a while I was able to connect and map again with \\NAS540\.  No need to disable firewall or enable file sharing.  Did need network sharing on to see the mapped drive in This PC.

Consumer Product Help Center