I have the NSA 325 V2 and placed raid1 on disk1 while disk2 had not yet a volume

Options
Carlusha99
Carlusha99 Posts: 39  Freshman Member
edited June 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
This proces was stopped after 23%. Now disk1 status is down and in raid1. How to put it back in Jbod.

#NAS_Jun_2019

Best Answers

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    how to make the files visible again

In the shares menu you should be able to re-activate the shares on that volume.

the status of the disk1 is now Degraded.

That's just a name. It was a single disk linear array, now it's a single disk raid1 array. There is no difference in filesystem or redundancy, but because a raid1 array can have more redundancy, we now call it 'degraded'.

• Carlusha99
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Mijzelf: Hartelijk dank voor je hulp de afgelopen weken.
    De bestanden staan nog op hun plaats....moet even nog iets met de foldernamen doen.

Nu even de vraag hoe nu verder met de Raid1 configuratie.
    De 1Tb WD10EFRX staat nu in raid1 en de 2TB nog in JBOD.
    Echter de optie Migrate is niet beschkbaar.

Ik ga nu even de bestanden veilig stellen door ze te copieren naar de externe disk die ik ga rerformatteren. En vandaar uit verder.

Groet

Carl

All Replies

• Carlusha99
    Options

• Carlusha99
    Options
    This is the screenshot after trying to do file repair on disk1
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    Do I understand this clearly?

You had two disks without volume, you created a raid1 volume on disk1, and after failing you had a raid1 volume on disk 1 with an invalid filesystem, and a valid jbod volume on disk 2?
  • Carlusha99
    Options
    I had an jbod volume on disk1 and placed a new disk2 yet without a volume. Then i tried to put a radi1 on disk1.
  • Carlusha99
    Options
    the volume on disk2 i created afterwards, after the problem cooured on disk1.

• Mijzelf
    Options
    OK, that makes sense. I've seen that problem before. The cause is that the raid header (at the end of the partition) sometimes takes a little extra space when converting from jbod to raid1. This space is taken from the data part of the partition, and the result is that the filesystem doesn't 'fit' no more.

Solution is simple, fortunately. Open the 'Telnet backdoor', login over telnet (on Windows you can use PuTTY for that), username root, password your admin password, and execute
    e2fsck.new /dev/md0
    This will 'repair' the filesystem. After a reboot it should be mounted.
  • Carlusha99
    Options
    Just to clarify:
    Step 1: Stopped the NSA-325 v2 with the disk1 in jbod-mode inside..
    Step 2: Placed disk2 in the NAS.
    Step 3: Started the NAS again
    Step 4: Opened the Zyxel NAS Starter utility and started the migrate-option on disk1.
    Step 5: The proces of migration stopped with the message failed, but disk1 was now in raid1. disk2 had still no volume and was not in raid1.
    Step 6: Added a jbod volume on disk2. I had no other choice than jbod volume

• Carlusha99
    Options
    I am glad there is a easy solution to my problem. Thank you for that Myself. However how can I open the telnet backdoor. The telnetservice is active in the NAS system.
  • Carlusha99
    Options
    the e2fsck action returns the results in the attched jpg file. Is there any other command what i can use to repair the disk. I have rebboted the NAS but turning it off and on again.

• Carlusha99
    Options
    i have rebooted after the first e2fsck action by turning the NAS off and on again.

Consumer Product Help Center