How to delete a folder that was not created properly? #InstantUpload

Pløk
Pløk Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited July 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi there,

After having enabled Instant Upload in the ZyXEL Drive App on my iPhone, the function at first didn't seem to work, as it kept pausing itself. I wondered that I could not see the automatically chosen folder "Photo Backup" in the folder overview, so I tried to figure out, if I could choose another folder, but this doesn't seem possible? Then I tried to create a new folder with the name "Photo Backup", but got a message saying that the path had already been taken.

In the NAS' file explorer on my laptop I can now see a folder named "Photo Backup", however when double clicking it, I get a message saying that the folder does not exist and cannot be accessed. When accessing the NAS through the webbrowser, I also cannot see the folder (like on the iPhone).

I have a NAS326 and everything else in the app seems to work correctly. I can also upload photos from the phone to other folders on the NAS.

Did someone else experience this problem? And is there any way I can delete the "non-existing" folder?

Thank you for your help!
Best regards,
Adele

#NAS_Jul_2019

Accepted Solution

• workinto
    workinto Posts: 44  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Can you see this folder in the Control Panel on your PC? Try to delete it in here.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Enable the ssh server, and try winscp.
  • workinto
    workinto Posts: 44  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Can you see this folder in the Control Panel on your PC? Try to delete it in here.

• Pløk
    Pløk Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Thanks for the screenshot @workinto, I didn't know I could manage the folders in there, but now I successfully deleted the lost folder and created a new one with the same name (this time through the control panel, not through the phone), and it seems to work as it should - no more problems with instant upload either :-)

Thank you for your reply as well, @Mijzelf, though I didn't try out that solution, since the other one worked.
  • darekpawel
    darekpawel Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2023

Hi - I have related question… I need to back-up photos from 2 or 3 different iPhones… So I would like to have separate folder for each on ZyXEL NAS. However I see that only 1 folder is automatically created (Photo Backup). I see no option for creataing other one… With different name… Is that any solution for that?

Consumer Product Help Center