Entware-ng install error on NSA325v2

Options
Teessider66
Teessider66 Posts: 10  Freshman Member
edited September 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
I have installed Mijzelf's Metarepository no problems, but when I try to install Entware-ng it gets to 25% installed then gets a status of Unknown with a no entry sign after it.

I cannot find any reference to this error elsewhere.  Can anyone give me a clue?

#NAS_Sep_2019

Accepted Solution

• Teessider66
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK, thanks for all your help, I can now have a look the uipgrades.

Cheers

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    I guess the firmware doesn't succeed in downloading the package. Which repository have you configured in MetaRepository? Can you download the package there manually?
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    I guess the firmware doesn't succeed in downloading the package. Which repository have you configured in MetaRepository? Can you download the package there manually?
  • Teessider66
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thanks Mijzelf. 

I am running 
    Metarepository 20181001zypkg015.  
    and have 20181002zypkg006 Entware-ng

I'll try to download and re-install the Metarepository
  • Teessider66
    Options
    Arghhh!!!  I copied the web_prefix file to \\NSA325\admin\zy-pkgs\ directory (it only has an entry for http://zyxel.diskstation.eu/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/.

Now the only App I can see is the MetaRepository, all the others have disappeared.  
    I have opened the app and clicked Apply to apply the other locations, but to no effect
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    When MetaRepository is already installed, you should not set webprefix again. Webprefix is overwritten by MetaRepository, to point to the internal server. You can reboot, or dis- and enable MR to get the right webprefix again. (It points to http://localhost:9000/, when I'm not mistaken) Then the firmware will query MR for the package list using the internal server, and MR can collect them from the configured servers.
  • Teessider66
    edited September 2019
    Options
    It changes to 59999, but still only picks only up your MetaRepo.  Is the file webprefix or web_prefix?  And it goes in the \\NSA325\admin\zy-pkgs directory?

\\NSA325\admin\zy-pkgs\MetaRepository\NSA325-v2\4.80\zypkg has all the zpkg file in it
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    It changes to 59999, but still only picks only up your MetaRepo.  Is the file webprefix or web_prefix?  And it goes in the \\NSA325\admin\zy-pkgs directory?

The automatic generated file has the right name, and is on the right place.

\\NSA325\admin\zy-pkgs\MetaRepository\NSA325-v2\4.80\zypkg has all the zpkg file in it
    It doesn't. The files only contain URL's where the actual zypkgs can be downloaded. It's the internal database of MR.
    In \\NSA325\admin\zy-pkgs\MetaRepository\ there is a logfile ZYPKGS.log, or something like that. It contains the log of the generation of the aggregated package list, from the several sources. It might tell why you only see one package.

• Teessider66
    Options
    Thank you, I really appreciate the help here  :)

Ah, this look a bit more promising.  I have attached the logs.  There are some failures to read the ZYPKG_INFO.tgz.log and zypkg.log does not look like a text file.

Failing to fetch from /i-data/md0/admin/MyRepo/ - logged on as root I can see i-data which contains directory 635915e9 mdo.  Below that is admin, but no MyRepo below that (see screenshot

• Mijzelf
    Options
    [quote]
    [/quote]
    Your source list isn't up to date. Nas-central.org is no more, but unfortunately it still has a valid IP, and so the request times out, but the firmware package manager doesn't wait that long.

• Teessider66
    Options
    Excellent!!!  That fixed it and Entware-ng has now installed.

Just one more question, related to MariaDb and PHP7.  I noticed that they are in the Entware repository.   Do I just install them to use them?  Are they compatible with the the NSA325v2?  and there are are a lot of packages related to, say PHP7.  Do I install them all?

Sorry, that's three questions ...

Consumer Product Help Center