ZYXEL NAS542 crash

Options
SharkYamahaR1ro
SharkYamahaR1ro Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited November 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
Helo,
I have a small/big problem.
My ZYXEL NAS542 is dead.I want to access and recover my informations from the HDDs.
I used 2 * HDD WD 4TB Red in RAID 1. 
I've try to use a external rack on USB 3.0 connected to a windows 10 PC. In device manager I see the HDD but I can't connect. 

I need exact instruction because I have important documents inside and I don't want to compromise them.
It's must be a standard and simple solution to access the HDD but I haven't find the article on the support page.
Can anybody help me?
Thank you!

#NAS_Nov_2019

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,635  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Windows will not be able to mount that volume, as the filesystem is ext. There is some ext driver for Windows, but it still won't work because of the raid container.

Any Linux box should be able to read that disk. You can try to create an Linux Live USB stick and boot your computer from it.

If you don't want to use Linux, some people have good results with UFS Explorer.
  • SharkYamahaR1ro
    SharkYamahaR1ro Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    I've borouw a ZyXEL NSA310. Can you help me?

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,635  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2019
    Options
    You need to open the telnet backdoor, login via telnet as root (use the admin password), and on the command prompt run
    <div>mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 /dev/sda3 --run<br>mkdir -p /i-data/mountpoint<br>mount /dev/md0 /i-data/mountpoint<br></div>
    If that raises no errors, I think the volume will show up in the webinterface, where you can activate the shares.

/Edit: Stupid forumsoftware! The commands as typed in the box above are:

mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 /dev/sda3 --run
    mkdir -p /i-data/mountpoint
    mount /dev/md0 /i-data/mountpoint

but I see only the first line.

Consumer Product Help Center