NAS326: Unable to pair with Cloud

Emerald Dragon
Emerald Dragon Posts: 118  Ally Member
First Anniversary
edited April 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
I am trying to setup myZyXElcloud but it won't let me pair, I tired manual and auto pairing either do not works. Needs assistant in what needs to be done. Either that button is not working something. When I first set it up the auto installation didn't work through the web either. I had to manually find out the IP Address and login manually without the auto setup. Please help.

Emerald Dragon

#NAS_Apr_2020

Accepted Solution

• hola
    hola Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    Answer ✓
    Make sure below things.

1. What is network topology?
    2. Is there any device between NAS and router? Is double NAT network environment?
    3. Go to Control Panel > Network > TCP/IP > Network Diagnosis, and ping out the host, what is the result?
    4. Does router support UPnP? Go to Control Panel > Network > UPnP Port Mapping > UPnP Router, what is the result of Status?
    5. Do you change IP/Gateway/DNS setting on NAS? Do not use NAS IP as DNS, try Google DNS (8.8.8.8) or router's gateway to be DNS in NAS.

All Replies

• hola
    hola Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    Answer ✓
    Make sure below things.

1. What is network topology?
    2. Is there any device between NAS and router? Is double NAT network environment?
    3. Go to Control Panel > Network > TCP/IP > Network Diagnosis, and ping out the host, what is the result?
    4. Does router support UPnP? Go to Control Panel > Network > UPnP Port Mapping > UPnP Router, what is the result of Status?
    5. Do you change IP/Gateway/DNS setting on NAS? Do not use NAS IP as DNS, try Google DNS (8.8.8.8) or router's gateway to be DNS in NAS.
  • Emerald Dragon
    Emerald Dragon Posts: 118  Ally Member
    First Anniversary
    edited April 2020
    I have Google Wifi Router with Google DNS 8.8.8.8 set. UPnP,is turn on.
  • Any solution to this? I am facing same issue. No devices between router and NAS, UPnP supported, tried 8.8.8.8 and router IP as DNS etc... NAS is not found with MAC address either. I am quite close returning this device to the store.
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2022
    Hi @Ninnifer

Here is the steps to check the current status on the NAS.

1. Make sure is there any disk in the NAS, as we put the disk into NAS and create the volume, system will auto installl the
    "myZyXELcloud-Agent" package, if the internet is able to access NAS, it will sync to the server.

2. Confirm whether the device has successfully installed the "myZyXEL.cloud-Agent" package. The installation process may fail.You can remove it and reinstall it for insurance.
        You can confirm whether it is installed on the APP center page.
    3. After check 1.2 steps, if there is no problem with it, then we need to check the connection status between NAS and "api-mycloud.zyxel.com" server

SSH into NAS and then type the following command to check the status.
    If everything works expectedly, the log will print like as below
    / #
    / # nslookup  api-mycloud.zyxel.com
    Server:    192.168.11.1
    Address 1: 192.168.11.1 TWFWNT01652_10.local

Name:      api-mycloud.zyxel.com
    Address 1: 54.209.233.86 ec2-54-209-233-86.compute-1.amazonaws.com
    Address 2: 52.205.61.63 ec2-52-205-61-63.compute-1.amazonaws.com
    Address 3: 52.55.160.76 ec2-52-55-160-76.compute-1.amazonaws.com
    / #
    / #
    If steps 1. 2. 3. are confirmed to be no problem, then check the client log for further clarification
    Check whether there is a log of pair success or failure.
    /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/myZyXELcloud-Agent/log/cloudagent.log  -------newest log,
    /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/myZyXELcloud-Agent/log/cloudagent.log.1 ------oldest.log

Commands:
    cat  /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/myZyXELcloud-Agent/log/cloudagent.log
    OR
    tail /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/myZyXELcloud-Agent/log/cloudagent.log
    tail -n 100 /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/myZyXELcloud-Agent/log/cloudagent.log

If the device is successfully reported online, you can see the following log,
    "RESTFUL: device register success, and http code is 200" will appear first,
    Then "connect to XMPP server successfully!" appears.
    EX:
    [2020/12/15-14:31:23] RESTFUL: device register success, and http code is  200
    [2020/12/15-14:31:28] connect to XMPP server successfully!

If the device cannot be sync to the server, it will retry until it succeeds.
    EX:
    [2020/12/07-10:13:49] get xmpp login data failed. wait for retrying...600000 ms
    [2020/12/07-10:23:50] agent reconnect: restful failed
    [2020/12/07-10:23:50] get xmpp login data failed. wait for retrying...600000 ms
    [2020/12/07-10:33:50] agent reconnect: restful failed
    [2020/12/07-10:33:51] get xmpp login data failed. wait for retrying...600000 ms
    [2020/12/07-10:43:51] agent reconnect: restful failed

If after don these steps still cannot sync to the sever, please help to collect the cloudagent.log

you can copy paste the result of the log and private message to us.

Consumer Product Help Center