NAS 542 DNS Disconnect/Connect Problem

Options
2»

All Replies

• angelica
    angelica Posts: 7
    First Comment
    Options

Noooooo, after our Internet went down for a day, it has somehow reverted to its previous state, and no amount of turning SSH on and off or such is making any difference this time. I presume no-one has any ideas? The route command looks exactly the same as in the above.

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,635  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited April 30
    Options

You can try to set the default gateway manually, to see if it lasts longer, in that case.

su
    route add default gw 192.168.1.1 egiga0

Another option is to plug the network cable in the other port. I have no idea if that matters, as I still have no idea what is actually going wrong.

/Edit: Internet went down? Did that change anything in your local network? Like router settings, or a new router?

• angelica
    angelica Posts: 7
    First Comment
    Options

This worked! More or less, anyway - the Internet access works, it used to have http://192.168.1.113:5000/MyWeb/video/ also available with my external IP in place of the internal one there for friends to access, which now says "The requested URL /MyWeb/video/ was not found on this server" (a change from either time out or refused). Which I'd think would be a setting, but I've been poking about and can't see what. Either way, thank you!

As for the Internet going down, it went down for the entire street and then didn't come back for me, at which it turned out I had to re-enter the VLAN setting on my router. I think while down I'd clicked "quick setup" and checked that the settings were right/the same, and they were - but somehow that must have cleared the VLAN setting.

Consumer Product Help Center