Zyxel NSA310

Options
audi321
audi321 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited June 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi all, I have a NAS which I used a few years ago perfectly, but have just plugged it back in and I cannot see the NAS anymore.  I reset it, and plugged it into the router with a cable, then ran the NSU but it cannot see the NAS at all.

I can confirm my Macbook is on the same network as the router it is plugged into, and the SYS and HDD lights are green.

The worst thing is, I've tried to take the HDD out and manually connect to my Macbook with a USB caddy, and whilst it will see the drive in Disk Utility, I cannot see the drive in Finder.  I've ran some recovery software and it tells me there's 45000 files on the disc, but I have to pay to recover them.  I actually don't think there's anything wrong with the drive, but it's filesystem is probably not to work with a macbook?  Is there an easy way around this?

Any ideas? Thanks for any advice.

#NAS_Jun_2020

Comments

• Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 55  Ally Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Have you literally factory-reset the NAS?  You need to press the reset button for over 10 secs until 4 beeps on NSA310.
    It will clear all setting and will become DHCP client, then you can check it on router.

The worst thing is, I've tried to take the HDD out and manually connect to my Macbook with a USB caddy, and whilst it will see the drive in Disk Utility, I cannot see the drive in Finder.  I've ran some recovery software and it tells me there's 45000 files on the disc, but I have to pay to recover them.  I actually don't think there's anything wrong with the drive, but it's filesystem is probably not to work with a macbook?  Is there an easy way around this?

The NAS filesystem is Linux-base, such as ext4, which is not direct-access for macOS I think.
    You may have to use additional APP in order to use the disk on macbook.
  • audi321
    audi321 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    Yes I've definitly factory reset it and the NSU will still not see it. 

However, I have identified it through my router dashboard and can see the IP is 192.168.1.111 and I've been able to log into it via the web browser, and I've seen that the server name is nsa310 and then via Finder have been able to log into it and can now see a file structure (of sorts).

Isn't there an easy way to do this??  
  • Sakura_T
    Sakura_T Posts: 101  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    You can just type in http://nsa310 to access the web-gui.

Consumer Product Help Center