Why Zyxel Multy Plus does not retain the LAN IP

Options
Tenttu
Tenttu Posts: 2  Freshman Member
Hi!

I just installed Zyxel Multy Plus and tried to assign 192.168.10.1 as the LAN IP (via the web GUI) and applied the settings. Then I wait a bit until the device has done applying and check the situation again; it shows 10.0.0.1 again as the LAN IP.

I tried to change the LAN IP for a few times and always the same thing, it just reverts back to 10.0.0.1, why is it doing this? Am I missing/overlooking something or is this a bug or something like that?

I greatly appreciate any help regarding this matter, thank you!

Kind regards,
Tenttu

Accepted Solution

• Tenttu
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Jerry!

I actually solved the problem myself by just resetting and setting the device up again. I didn't try this right away because I had just installed it in the first place. Still as I know there aren't any other devices in the network that could've caused the problem, I decided to try and do a factory reset and set it up again.

After the device was set up and running again, I went and changed the LAN IP and everything works like a charm. I have no clue what might've caused the problem as everything was like before and I also did everything like before.

Anyways I'm just glad I got it working, that's most important.

Thank you, stay safe and have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
    Tenttu

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,062  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Dear Sir,

Please kindly provide your network topology.
    We suspect there is a conflict subnet on your Wan and Lan.
    Could you check your IP address on your WAN interface?

You can refer to the below KB article
    https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!gwsViewDetail.action?articleOid=018001&lang=EN

Best regards,
    Jerry
  • Tenttu
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Jerry!

I actually solved the problem myself by just resetting and setting the device up again. I didn't try this right away because I had just installed it in the first place. Still as I know there aren't any other devices in the network that could've caused the problem, I decided to try and do a factory reset and set it up again.

After the device was set up and running again, I went and changed the LAN IP and everything works like a charm. I have no clue what might've caused the problem as everything was like before and I also did everything like before.

Anyways I'm just glad I got it working, that's most important.

Thank you, stay safe and have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
    Tenttu

Consumer Product Help Center