[NEBULA] VLAN administratoin in Nebula

jensskov
jensskov Posts: 6  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi
I'v been using ZyXEL switches for many years. I'm now evaluating NSW100 (and some other vendors) with similar management features. 
I see the point in defining VLAN's on the gateway, but miss an "advanced mode" that will give me better control over vlans on different siwtches allowing mig to use alle the features I'm used to with the gs15xx and gs19xx. I can set up tagging in the web GUI on the NSW directely, but I Nebula I can only set port as access or trunk and set allowed VLAN's (apperently it will not import setting I change in the NSW-gui). Is there not way to get an overview of the VLAN's defines on a particular switch, without trawlng the ports individually. 

Comments

• Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @jensskov

NSW has Management VLAN setting to configure management VLAN ID for all NSWs at a site.If an NCC user configures management VLAN ID to be 10, the setting will be assigned from Nebula Control Center to all the NSWs under the same site. 

NCC > SWITCH > Configure > Switch configuration

If you would like to define the VLAN ID on a particular switch, you can go to NCC > Monitor > Switch. Under status of the switch detailed page, click the setting icon and specify the VLAN ID.

Is it feature that you are seeking for?
  • jensskov
    Thanks, but what I am missing is a more granular control of VLAN traffic to the ports and not the management VLAN. 
    If I log on to the switch directely I have the something like this (this is from another model but similar):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikju7esnemo1y9z/swUdklip.jpg?dl=0

• Zyxel_CSO
    edited October 2017
    Hi @jensskov
    The design behavior is different between Zyxel normal Switch (e.g.:gs15xx and gs19xx) and Nebula Switch. There is no granular control of VLAN traffic that manages the vlans to pass through the NSW. On Nebula switch, all the vlans are allowed in all the ports by default if you don't define any static vlan. 
  • jensskov
    Ah ok. And to do that I have to use the local web-interface and can't monitor or configure it in the Nebula UI?
  • Zyxel_CSO
    Hi @jensskov

You can configure VLAN on Nebula UI port setting page.  Go to SWITCH > Configure > Switch ports 

• Zyxel_CSO
    Hi @jensskov
    Let me explain more explicitly. You can have the same function within one page to control VLAN traffic over multiple ports and across switches. Go to SWITCH > Configure > Switch ports and tick the selected ports and then click edit.

Nebula Tips & Tricks