How do I setup dedicated WiFi network for Video Streaming box (such as FIRE TV) on Multy X?

st_pet
st_pet Posts: 4  Freshman Member
I would like to separate different WiFi Network for Mobile/laptop access and Video streamings (such as TV box/FIRE TV/Apple TV) on Multy X. Could you indicate how to set it up via App?

Accepted Solution

• Dexter
    Dexter Posts: 108  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Answer ✓
    It depends on the place of TV box, if it is too far, 5GHz may not good connection. Whatever, Multy X will automatically deliver the fastest wireless connection and the strongest signal connection for better reliability if your TV box is connected to Multy X. Hope it helps!  :) 

All Replies

• ENDLESS
    ENDLESS Posts: 56  Ally Member
    To my knowledge, Multy X is only support:
    - 2.4GHz/5GHz are the same main SSID .
    - Or 2.4GHz/5GHz are different main SSID .
    - And one guest SSID for 2.4GHz/5GHz.

I have an Apple TV which connected to Multy X and works properly. 
    Can you share why do you need the dedicated WiFi network for Video Streaming box? It sounds like you wants the VLAN feature or ...?
  • st_pet
    st_pet Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Per my experience, faster client connecting to 5G radio is faster so that I'm wondering how to ensure my FIRE TV always connecting to 5G Radio...

• Dexter
    Dexter Posts: 108  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Answer ✓
    It depends on the place of TV box, if it is too far, 5GHz may not good connection. Whatever, Multy X will automatically deliver the fastest wireless connection and the strongest signal connection for better reliability if your TV box is connected to Multy X. Hope it helps!  :) 

Consumer Product Help Center