How to check 2nd Multy performance after initial set up?

Options
Cookiemomo
Cookiemomo Posts: 13  Freshman Member
First Anniversary
Is there a method to check my 2nd Multy performance after initial set up?  I've moved my 2nd node several times, and not sure how well the performance is.  (ex: distance & signal strength) 

Accepted Solution

• Alexander
    Alexander Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Cookiemomo,  

A speedtest can show the actual performance instead of signal. On the bottom menu in current APP landing page, the second icon is for Diagnose, you can click "Start" to activate an immediate speedtest, 1st will test RootAP to Internet, 2nd will test ExtAP to Internet, 3rd will test ExtAP to RootAP. Notice..... you may miss to see the 3rd test due to the 3rd result will show out of the screen. Just touch the up-arrow icon in the middle of this page, the full 3 items will be scrolled up and you'll see.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Cookiemomo,

You can find following results when run diagnose function.
    • 1st node to internet
    • 2nd node to internet
    • 1st node to 2nd node
  • Alexander
    Alexander Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Cookiemomo,  

A speedtest can show the actual performance instead of signal. On the bottom menu in current APP landing page, the second icon is for Diagnose, you can click "Start" to activate an immediate speedtest, 1st will test RootAP to Internet, 2nd will test ExtAP to Internet, 3rd will test ExtAP to RootAP. Notice..... you may miss to see the 3rd test due to the 3rd result will show out of the screen. Just touch the up-arrow icon in the middle of this page, the full 3 items will be scrolled up and you'll see.
  • Gaby
    Gaby Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Options
    I would just stand right by the device and try fast.com.  Seems way easier
  • Zyxel_Bear
    Zyxel_Bear Posts: 13  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Gaby Yes, that would be another option. Just wanted to note, I personally don't recommend fast.com as they may not have enough servers or bandwidth that can test the full speed of the Internet to a user's home. I strongly recommend using SpeedTest.net, this way it ensures it's testing the maximum Internet speed with a server that's closer to the user's home. See example below:

Consumer Product Help Center