LTE3301 stability problem

Options
hoover
hoover Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited November 2017 in Smart Home Product
I have bought an LTE3301-Q222 LTE router to my parent's house. A month ago we changed our ISP to a mobile ISP so now we use a 4G SIM for our internet connection.

It's not stable. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I thought the firmware upgrade might solve it, so I did it. It is upgraded to the latest and it is still unstable.
The same card in my WAH7706 works faultlessly and stable.

Might that be a configuration problem (I do not think so.... but might be)?

#LTE_November

All Replies

• hoover
    hoover Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    Just made a test today with a large wetransfer download. The speed "waves". Goes up, down, up, stops, up. Almost constantly changing. The same SIM with my Zyxel WAH7706 is stable.
  • YeK
    YeK Posts: 150  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    Hi hoover,

You can follow steps to check if it's related to LTE3301 or sim card. Please share screenshot and picture. Then we might have a discussion.

Method 1:

1. Insert the SIM card in the LTE3301 and then power up LTE3301

2. Wait for 2 minutes.  Access the web GUI. Type 192.168.1.1 in the browser, press “Enter” key.

3. Go to the LTE Modem Status page (web GUI > Monitor > LTE Modem Status).

4. Print screen to the LTE Modem Status 

Method 2:

I suppose the SIM card inserted into the LTE3301 is with a SIM adapter (a frame outside of a micro SIM card), please take a picture of that SIM card with adapter. 

• TOConsulting
    TOConsulting Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

I have the same issue on different LTE3301, with different ISPs on different locations. I think, there is an problem with the LTE3301. They have worked fine at the beginning, since summer I get into these kind of troubles.

I hope someone have a solution.

Consumer Product Help Center