How many nodes will Zyxel Multy X support?

Gulstripe
Gulstripe Posts: 9  Freshman Member
edited December 2017 in Multy WiFi System
Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out how many nodes/satellite's the new Zyxel Multy system will support. I need a minimum of 4 nodes, including the one that is connected to the web (cat5/6) 
I currently have the Deco mesh-system with 6 satellite's all in all. My internet speed is 100/100 Mbps and this is reduced to 15 Mbps where the fifth and sixth nodes are placed. 

Hope someone in here will be able too help me. The Zyxel looks far superior too the Deco system.

#MultyX_December

Best Answers

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited December 2017 Answer ✓
    Currently, the maximum units in Multy X WiFi system is 3.
    You can check this discussion and FAQ.
  • Dexter
    Dexter Posts: 108  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Answer ✓
    FYR. I have 4 units, it works at my house.

• Dexter
    Answer ✓
    Hi Gulstripe,
    Please check my test result. Hope it is helpful for you.
    And I think WiFi system of Multy X is the star topology. The speed may related to network traffics/the distance/building materials...

• Hanamichi
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    Hi Gulstripe,
    In my vision, If 1st node has upgraded the latest firmware, other nodes will sync the same firmware automatically, but it will take some time to finish (background execution and reboot).
    You can check all nodes firmware from Menu > My Multy > Nodes > Firmware Version.

As far as I know, when you open Multy X app, it will check the latest firmware automatically. If there is a new firmware version, app will remind you to update. You also can manually update it from Menu > Version > Upgrade.

All Replies

• Hanamichi
    edited December 2017 Answer ✓
    Currently, the maximum units in Multy X WiFi system is 3.
    You can check this discussion and FAQ.
  • Gulstripe
    Thanks for the response ?
    Hopefully this will increase in the near future?!
    Where going to purchase two sets of two Multy X.

• Dexter
    Answer ✓
    FYR. I have 4 units, it works at my house.

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for your interest in Multy X.
    Please kindly check the link: Where to buy
  • Gulstripe
    Dexter, what about the speed? Is there a noticeable decrease in performance when you are connected too the one that is further out? As I wrote in my initial post, I'm experiencing huge loss of bandwidth when I'm connected to the fifth and sixth node. Hopefully this is not the case with your set-up ?
  • Dexter
    Answer ✓
    Hi Gulstripe,
    Please check my test result. Hope it is helpful for you.
    And I think WiFi system of Multy X is the star topology. The speed may related to network traffics/the distance/building materials...

• Gulstripe
    Thanks Dexter. This was very helpful ? 
    Thanks for sharing. 
    I'm heading to the store ?
  • Gulstripe
    edited January 2018
    Hi everyone. I've now purchased 4 Multy X, and It works great! As Dexter told me: Multy X is a star topology set-up, meaning that you will need to add all additional nodes to the number one node. I read in a later tread that "daisy chain" will be available in March. Meaning that you will be able to connect 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
    instead of 1 - 2 / 1 - 3 / 1 - 4
    I had some issues with the set-up of nodes three and four. Deleting Bluetooth-cache on my phone sorted it out. 
    I would also point out that my earlier Deco system was superior in only one thing, and that was the ability to check for firmware updates and udate with the push of a button and then all nodes would be updated with the most recent firmware.
    I got a message on the Multy X app when I completed the installation of the first node, asking me if I would like to update to the latest firmware, foolishly I pressed yes, should have waited until all of the nodes where installed. I've not seen this message pop up after the first installation, having me suspect that three out of four nodes don't have the latest firmware. If anyone have a solution or an answer, do tell ?
    Here's a screenshot of all nodes kicking ass!! 
  • Hanamichi
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    Hi Gulstripe,
    In my vision, If 1st node has upgraded the latest firmware, other nodes will sync the same firmware automatically, but it will take some time to finish (background execution and reboot).
    You can check all nodes firmware from Menu > My Multy > Nodes > Firmware Version.

As far as I know, when you open Multy X app, it will check the latest firmware automatically. If there is a new firmware version, app will remind you to update. You also can manually update it from Menu > Version > Upgrade.

Consumer Product Help Center