Red LED solid light

Cappucco
Cappucco Posts: 10  Freshman Member
edited January 2018 in Multy WiFi System
Hi, on the router device of my sytem from time to time the LED lights in solid red. But the internet connection is up and running fine. So the redlight is a false signal. The light stays red and never becomes in white status even though internet works. The only way to bring back the white led is to restart the device. Then the LED lights in white colour for a few hours... Then the game restarts for the next few hours.
On the info page of the app, there are entrys "internetConnectFail" but as I said: Internet is up and running fine just the red light is annoying.
#MultyX_January

Accepted Solution

• Cappucco
    Answer ✓
    Thx a lot, I did answer via message.

All Replies

• Dardan
    Dardan Posts: 6  Freshman Member
    edited January 2018
    -
  • Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Hi Cappucco,
    Here is the FAQ about Red Solid LED.
    Is the problem (Red LED solid light) happen on 1st or 2nd node?
    Is your Multy X as router mode or bridge mode?
  • Cappucco
    Hi Hanamichi,
    I know this FAQ about Red Solid LED. But the point is: I dont have any problems with the connections. Full Internet speed, best connections to the node... Just a solid red light...
    The problem is on the 1st node, configured as router mode.
    It is just a minor cometic flaw...
  • Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi Cappucco,
    Do you try to reset and switch two units? (1st node move to 2nd node, 2nd node change as 1st node) After reconfigured, how is the LED status of 1st node (Original 2nd node)?
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 55  Ally Member
    edited January 2018
    @Cappucco,
    What is the firmware version and app version of your Multy X?
    I remember that I have the same problem in old version. After update to the latest version, it seems to have solved the problem.

• Cappucco
    Hi,
    sorry for my delayed answer. I was on holiday for a week. firmware and app versions are the latest versions. I think, I will try it with a full reset and change the nodes. Hope that helps.
  • Cappucco
    Long story short: I did reset my whole system to change the nodes. In that process one of my nodes died. No light, no reaction... So I complained it at my dealer and got a new package. After setup of the new system all seemed to be fine - white light at my first node. But after a few hours the game started again. Red light at the first node even though the system works fine. Good connections, good internet speed but a red light. A short plug out of the wan cable and plug it in again immediately brings the white light back again. A few hours later the game starts again... Red light...
    So I think there is a bug in the firmware, that gives me red light all few hours even though all works as expected. Never had any hassle with my previous routers.

I have a second question regarding my new replaced system and the zyxel cloud. For this I will open a new thread.
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    edited January 2018
    In order to provide you with a better assistance, we have contacted you via private message to get the information. :)
  • Cappucco
    Answer ✓
    Thx a lot, I did answer via message.
  • FantNo
    FantNo Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    edited December 2019
    I have the same problem with red light after some hours. The net dies and I have to reset router. How did you fix it? I think the problem appared after a firmware update. Never been like this before @Zyxel_Steven

Consumer Product Help Center