NAS540 - Wechsel der "Systemplatte" möglich?

Options
Noergler
Noergler Posts: 5  Freshman Member
edited January 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hallo,

ich habe mein Zyxel NAS540 zunächst mit einer kleineren HDD bestückt, lediglich 250GB. Ich würde diese nun gerne durch eine größere ersetzen. Allerdings scheint dies die "Systemplatte" (?) zu sein, denn dort wurden alle nachträglich installierten Zusatzpakete wie Tweaks etc. unter der Freigabe "admin" installiert; jedenfalls sehe ich sie unter anderem in diesem Ordner.

Wie kann ich diese Festplatte durch eine größere ersetzen?
Oder gibt es eine Möglichkeit diese Daten und auch deren "Funktionalität" auf zwei neu eingebaute 4TB Platten die im RAID 10 laufen zu übertragen? (Allerdings sind hier bereits Daten gespeichert.)

Ziemlich schwierige Fragen. Hoffe, ihr könnt mir helfen.

#NAS_January
Zyxel NAS540

Comments

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    As far as I know the firmware will automatically choose another "Systemplatte" if you pull the current.

If you want to keep the current installed packages, you'll have to do it manually.

Which disk is the system disk is stored in a symlink on a flash partition.
    If you look in /i-data/, you can find an 8 digit hexadecimal named directory for each volume on the NAS. This 8 digit name is a part of the GUID of the RAID array containing the volume.
    The symlink (/etc/zyxel/storage/sysvol) points to one of those directories. 

To change the system disk, you have to copy the system directories .PKG, .media and .system, which can be found in /i-data/sysvol (which is a symlink pointing to /etc/zyxel/storage/sysvol).

Choose another volume, and do the copy
    cp -a /i-data/sysvol/.PKG /i-data/<HEXVALUE>/<br>cp -a /i-data/sysvol/.media /i-data/<HEXVALUE>/<br>cp -a /i-data/sysvol/.system /i-data/<HEXVALUE>/<br>
    and then change the symlink
    ln -s /i-data/<HEXVALUE> /etc/zyxel/storage/sysvol<br>
    reboot

Disclaimer: I never tried this.
  • Noergler
    Noergler Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    Options
    A few more questions:

What will be if i shutdown the NAS and remove the system hdd and restart the NAS again?

If somthing fails am i able to insert this hdd again after a shutdown and got the same situation like before i removed it when restarting the NAS?
    Zyxel NAS540
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    As I wrote, I think the box will assign a new system disk if you pull the current one. If it doesn't, I'd expect it to re-integrate the disk if you re-insert it.

But again, I haven't tested it. It's not more than an educated guess.

Consumer Product Help Center