iPv6 support?

All Replies

• ENDLESS
    ENDLESS Posts: 56  Ally Member
    edited March 2018 Answer ✓
    Can you try to reboot Multy X and use PC to connect Multy X via Ethernet cable or wireless connection. And open Command Prompt, input ipconfig to check the information of IP address.

• Ralle
    Ralle Posts: 16  Freshman Member

Gladly later. I'm on my way now.

• Ralle
    @ENDLESS
    I have now entered the command at the terminal and after a restart of my Multy X router, I even see the iPv6 addresses correctly. What surprises me, why I look at the search-domain no longer "local" but suddenly "test.example.com"?
  • Ralle
    edited March 2018
    Okay, my mistake. I have to make a specific setting in the FritzBox, so that the Multy X supports iPv6.
  • chip
    chip Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    edited March 2018
    Using latest FW: V2.00(ABKJ.1)C0 and android app, IPv6 does not work yet for me. already did a reboot after the update. the web tests provided by @Zyxel_Steven say not supported.

here is my ipconfig, Windows 10:

• Ralle
    @chip
    Which router do you have before the Multy X? In my FritzBox I had to try synonymous settings until I got supported iPv6.
  • Ralle
    @chip
    Which router do you have before the Multy X? In my FritzBox I had to try synonymous settings until I got supported iPv6.
  • chip
    chip Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    @Ralle
    Prior router was Netgear R7000 Nighthawk (a beast). Don't know why that is relevant since I'm sharing my feedback that IPv6 isn't working with the latest update. 

My Multyx is direct to my Motorola cable modem (NAPT disabled). IPv6 isn't working. 
  • Zyxel_Kelly
    Zyxel_Kelly Posts: 40  Freshman Member

Thanks for your clarification.
    Hope you are happy with our support.  o:)

Multy X (FW: V2.00(ABKJ.1)C0) is supported Dual Stack IPv4/IPv6,
    We suggest you can also check the IPv6 type with your ISP.
    Could you also check if PC get IPv6 information when direct connect with Motorola cable modem?
    If yes, you are encouraged to send feedback and describe problem via Multy X APP,
    we will check your log file of nodes and handle it with due care. :)

• Ralle
    edited April 2018
    @chip
    Have you ever looked on your http://routerlogin.net page (Netgear Nighthawk), what attitude you stand for iPv6? Maybe try the automatic configuration. That would be my tip. Since I had the Orbi from Netgear, I know you have to test something to get iPv6.

withdraw!
    See next post

Consumer Product Help Center