Multy X MAC Address

MIBSWE
MIBSWE Posts: 33  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited October 2018 in Multy WiFi System
I just wanted to check that Multy X AC3000 advertises two MAC addresses for each frequency of 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I run InSSider on my MAC and it sees two MAC addresses for my 2.4GHz and 2 for my 5GHz. I'm assuming one is for devices to connect to and the other is the backend channel for the mesh devices to communicate. The MAC addresses are Zyxel as verified when I checked them on macvendors.com. Can you confirm?
#MultyX_Sep

Accepted Solution

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    How many Multy X nodes you have?

If you have two Multy X nodes, you should able to see 8 BSSID when you enable main WiFi and guest WiFi. Each Multy X node has 2 BSSID for main WiFi: 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 2 BSSID for guest WiFi: 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
    For example:

All Replies

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    How many Multy X nodes you have?

If you have two Multy X nodes, you should able to see 8 BSSID when you enable main WiFi and guest WiFi. Each Multy X node has 2 BSSID for main WiFi: 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 2 BSSID for guest WiFi: 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
    For example:

• MIBSWE
    MIBSWE Posts: 33  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Yes it did. Thank you. I just wanted to check as I have a system that tells me when it detects an intruder and displayed its MAC address. I have 2 nodes running both frequencies, but GUEST is disabled, so I can see 4 MAC addresses, 2 for each frequency. 

Consumer Product Help Center