Router Logs for Troubleshooting

MIBSWE
MIBSWE Posts: 33  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited December 2018 in Multy WiFi System
A couple of times, my Zyxel Multy X, which is currently on the latest firmware has lost connection to the internet (shows red arrow), while I was away from home. When I got home, I connected my laptop direct to the modem that the Multy X connects to and I was able to get access to the internet. So, I restarted the Multy X and it's now working great. However, I would like to know why it disconnected, so I can prevent/minimise further internet loss. It's annoying when I'm away as I can't access my cameras and only a reboot will fix it. Is there anyway to see further detailed logs? I can see via Information in the app when it fails, but no other information.

I have 2 Multy X in my mesh.

#MultyX_Dec_2018

All Replies

• Dexter
    Dexter Posts: 108  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    What is "red arrow"? Is there any screenshot?

"When I got home, I connected my laptop direct to the modem that the Multy X connects to and I was able to get access to the internet."
    -> May I know the Multy App can access/manage your Multy X when you got home? What is Multy X LED status?
  • MIBSWE
    No, I used the Multy X app when I got home and it couldn’t connect. The LED status was red.
  • MIBSWE
    Since 29th November, I've had 7 times when the internet connecton has been lost, usually when I'm asleep. 2 of the those 5 times, I've had to reboot the router to get internet access as the internet never came back until I did that. The other 5 times, it recovered by itself. Before then, it was very rare to get downtime. Is there a way to go back to the older firmware on my Multy X to see if that fixes the problem?
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    @MIBSWE,

In order to provide you with a better assistance, we have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.

Consumer Product Help Center