The Registeration issue has been fixed. Please feel free to register an account!

Router Logs for Troubleshooting

MIBSWE
MIBSWE Posts: 29  Freshman Member
edited December 2018 in Multy WiFi System
A couple of times, my Zyxel Multy X, which is currently on the latest firmware has lost connection to the internet (shows red arrow), while I was away from home. When I got home, I connected my laptop direct to the modem that the Multy X connects to and I was able to get access to the internet. So, I restarted the Multy X and it's now working great. However, I would like to know why it disconnected, so I can prevent/minimise further internet loss. It's annoying when I'm away as I can't access my cameras and only a reboot will fix it. Is there anyway to see further detailed logs? I can see via Information in the app when it fails, but no other information.

I have 2 Multy X in my mesh.

#MultyX_Dec_2018

All Replies

• Dexter
    Dexter Posts: 51  Ally Member
    What is "red arrow"? Is there any screenshot?

"When I got home, I connected my laptop direct to the modem that the Multy X connects to and I was able to get access to the internet."
    -> May I know the Multy App can access/manage your Multy X when you got home? What is Multy X LED status?
  • MIBSWE
    No, I used the Multy X app when I got home and it couldn’t connect. The LED status was red.
  • MIBSWE
    Since 29th November, I've had 7 times when the internet connecton has been lost, usually when I'm asleep. 2 of the those 5 times, I've had to reboot the router to get internet access as the internet never came back until I did that. The other 5 times, it recovered by itself. Before then, it was very rare to get downtime. Is there a way to go back to the older firmware on my Multy X to see if that fixes the problem?
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 247  Zyxel Employee
    @MIBSWE,

In order to provide you with a better assistance, we have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.
Sign In to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click on this button!